Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Weighty Thoughts on Strap Pads: An Idea

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by doc540, Aug 9, 2003.

1. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    MY new beater Essex is a bit heavy so after reading the "How Heavy IS It" thread I had one of those dangerous "light bulb" clicks.

Digging through my auto parts and accessories box in the garage, I found two shoulder harness pads.
    You know, those semi-sheep, furry things they sell at Auto Zone and just about everywhere else?
    You velcro wrap them around your shoulder harness to pad them.

I stuck two of them together and, lo and behold, they make a super comfy strap pad!

Of course, you might wanna trim them down to size. Otherwise they look like a small, furry animal peering over your shoulder.I've already named mine "Thumper".

Be prepared to deal with the sheep jokes at practice. I've already heard a couple but they were both baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Dude,why not just buy a levy's padded strap? they work wonders, I have one for all my basses.

3. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Budget concerns, dude.

I had a favorite strap, and I had the two fuzzys stashed in my auto accessories box, sooooo.....

Besides they're CHEAP at Autozone and WallyWorld!

:)