1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Weighty Thoughts on Strap Pads: An Idea

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by doc540, Aug 9, 2003.

1. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    MY new beater Essex is a bit heavy so after reading the "How Heavy IS It" thread I had one of those dangerous "light bulb" clicks.

Digging through my auto parts and accessories box in the garage, I found two shoulder harness pads.
    You know, those semi-sheep, furry things they sell at Auto Zone and just about everywhere else?
    You velcro wrap them around your shoulder harness to pad them.

I stuck two of them together and, lo and behold, they make a super comfy strap pad!

Of course, you might wanna trim them down to size. Otherwise they look like a small, furry animal peering over your shoulder.I've already named mine "Thumper".

Be prepared to deal with the sheep jokes at practice. I've already heard a couple but they were both baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Dude,why not just buy a levy's padded strap? they work wonders, I have one for all my basses.

3. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Budget concerns, dude.

I had a favorite strap, and I had the two fuzzys stashed in my auto accessories box, sooooo.....

Besides they're CHEAP at Autozone and WallyWorld!

:)