Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Weird Al Tribute Band seeks Bass

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pippo, Mar 20, 2003.

1. pippo

pippo

Mar 20, 2003
    USA, NYC suburbs
    Weird Al tribute band seeks Guitar, Bass and possibly Accordion iin the NY/NJ general area. Must be versatile, odd but sane, ready to gig through the region, and a quick study with own gear and transportation. Rehearsals in Manhattan, with possible move to free studio space in Sloatsburg, NY.
    If interested, or know somebody who would be, please email alband@electricsheepdog.com

Thanks!

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Weird al band? wow

Yeah, we need a musician wanted forum.

3. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    The problem with musician's wanted websites is that they usually suck a llama. They never have the type of band I want in the region I want. As much as I love weird al, I would never do a tribute band of any kind, there's just no future in it.

4. Covers of parodies of Top 40 singles.....I guess it had to happen sometime.

I love Weird Al, but some of his fans are irritating. I went to see him live once and we were almost in the perfect section: Middle section a little back from the middle row, prime seating. Unfortunately this total loser is sitting five rows in front of us and he has this irritating habit of standing up during every song and as luck would have it, he's directly in my line of vision to Weird Al. So basically every song this idiot gets up and blots out Weird Al.

Eventually I got sick of it and started throwing things at him...I nailed him with the top of a coffee mug and a buncha people around me cheered. It was horribly malicious and mean-spirited but I giggled with glee when I did it and I still giggle today...hehehehe.

5. Weird Al is a great show, on the edge of being Zappa-Lite

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    This anenecdote made my day. :D

7. :rolleyes:

Okay, I thought it was THE Weird Al band. Instantly I thought of that bass slap stuff.

But a TRIBUTE band? wow. good luck getting a gig... :rolleyes: