Weird bass dreams...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by warwickben, Nov 21, 2001.

1. two days ago i had a dream i was playing a big ass gig . at some really really big place and i had like 30 4x10 on stage and i had a fender jazz bas set up with with a p and a j pickups but the j was were the p should be and the p was were the jazz should be. but the weird part all my amps and the bass were purple. what does this mean and hgas this happen to any one .having weird dreams about playing gigs with weird gear.
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I have dreamt of the strangest things, but I am yet to dream of bass.

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I had a dream i was POD's new bassist, even though i hate POD. and then the guitarist said his name was "Bud", and then put his arm around me. Needless to say that scared a strait man right out of bed.... Also had a dream i was hanging out with the bassist from kitte. i have yet to dream about ME playing the bass.
  4. so what up with the purple stuff
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dreamed I was the best bass player in the world. But I could only convince about 10 people. The rest of them said "Yeah, but the Guitarist can play Blink 182 and Sum 41..."

I woke up in a cold sweat. Not because it was a nightmare, but because is not that far from the truth.
  6. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    this happens to sometimes:

i always dream that i have a better bass,usually warwick corvette fretless,sometimes fender jazz.and i get all excited but then i look over at my stand and get mad cuz i see my crappy squier.last nite i had a dream about this really hot girl and she was in my room but then she had to leave,*sniff,sniff*
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

You must be destined to play with PRINCE! (Or whatever he's called nowadays!) :D

Actually thinking abot it I almost never have dreams about playing bass, although I can remember one from very long ago that's sort of like a lesson - in one way it was the best experience and the worst!

So there I was in a big outdoor festival gig, huge crowd, huge stage and rig - everybody's loving it! I'm playing in a trio with Hendrix and everything's great !! But then he sidles over to me mid-song and says something like "keep it going man!" and disappears off the side of the stage. So there I am on a huge stage with just a drummer and suddenly it's like your worst nightmare - everybody booing and threatening - but I woke up before getting killed! ;)
  8. The only thing I ever dream about is naked ... uh...

Yes, basses. That's what I was going to say. I was talking about bass. No, honest. Haha. How cute.

*Looks around nervously*

*Runs off*
  9. Not long after I got my Ibanez SR405, I had a dream that my band was about to play in the school talent show and I was nervous, so I had to go take a whizz.

Now...unlike most dreams like that, I didn't end up pissing my pants in my sleep. Instead, I came to the realization that I hadn't brought my bass with me, and that scared the living piss out of me. In fact, it scared me awake, and then I went to the bathroom.
  10. man, a psychologist could retire off of you guys.
  11. The only dreams I have of playing bass are when I'm doing some impossible solo infront of thousands of screaming, good-looking female fans.

Trouble is, I can never remember the solo when I wake up!! If I could remember them, I could become a rock star, and the dreams would come true.

Rock on
  12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    there's probably a valid reason for that.
  13. Ohh yeah, I've had that one before. What a mess.:eek:
  14. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    i hope that doesn't mean what I think it means...

you know....

nothing matches with purples, oh golly, thats ssso SUPER! :eek:

sorry, expressing my feminine side.. hehe:p ;) :( :D
  15. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It's alright you're just in "denial"! ;)
  16. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    When I first started out playing bass, I would have dreams where I was practicing. It actually felt like i was playing too!

Practicing in your sleep: a surefire way to 1) get better and 2) tell if you're nuts.
  17. red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    i had a really cool dream once where i was a travelling bassist helping people out who didn't have a bassist, mysteriously i knew all these oasis tunes and cool slapppy things that i can't do, i also had this dream in medieval times when my horse was an amp.
  18. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    I had been playing bass for in various bands about 20 years when I had the strangest dream.

I was standing on a street corner in the city playing my bass. My bass began to get soft like wax that is overexposed to heat. The neck started sagging and I tried to brace it up with both hands. Then the body started to sag but I had run out of hands to try and hold it together. The whole bass ended up melting into a puddle at my feet. Then a by-stander tapped me on the shoulder and beckoned me to follow him. He was moving fast and I just barely managed to keep up with him.

He led me into what looked rather like a bombed-out city block, all bricks and rubble lying about. He pointed to a large, old-fashioned, leather-bound book lying open on the ground. On the open pages were revealed two words in large block letters: DATA PROCESSING.

He then pointed toward the middle of the sprawling pile of rubble where there stood a lone, leaning column of stone. perhaps three feet tall. On top of the column was a pile of rags that I opened to reveal a crying baby. At this point I awoke and spent some time pondering this very unsettling dream. I felt a deep sense of loss, as if I had witnessed the passing of something or someone I loved. After that I pretty much put it out of my mind. Later my life began to change in ways that made me revisit this dream, wondering where it came from and what it meant.

Within 18 months of having this dream I adopted two infant children, and within 2 years decided I needed a break from playing bass which turned into a 13 year hiatus. Within 5 years of having this strange dream, I discovered the only thing in life that has ever interested me as much as playing bass: computers. I'm now within about 3 months of completing an Associates Degree in Computer Electronics Technology.

I've never had another dream in my entire life that was so vivid, coherent and to this day so easy to remember. Maybe it was nothing more an expression of subconscious desires that ended up driving me in new directions. Maybe just a weird coincidence. Was it some kind of message from somewhere else? Or perhaps a prophecy, self-fulfilling or otherwise? I don't know. What do you think?