Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Weird buzzing noise from cabinet???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jgall059, Mar 9, 2005.

1. jgall059

jgall059

Mar 4, 2005
    Hey i just got a new swr workingmans 4004 amp and the mathcing 4x10 and when i plug my bass in it has the weird like ring or buzzing noise and the louder i go the louder it gets i'm just wondering if this is from my bass which unfortunately is a pile squier pbass which i'm going to upgrade asap or is it from something else?

2. SirPoonga

SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    When you touch the string and/or metal edge of pbass output jack while plugged in (grounding yourself to the bass) does the buzz go away? If so there is a grounding problem. Might have to take a look at the wiring. Even if it doesn;t go away this still could be a grounding issue. Mine went away but that's because I found out my squire pbass was wired incorrectly when this happenned to me. Now that I am wired correctly there isn't a hum.

3. jgall059

jgall059

Mar 4, 2005
    no its still there when i press on it but i will have to look at the schematics and see if everything is right. thank you