1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Weird cats and crazy pets

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bett, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Bett

Bett

Jan 27, 2008
    CT
    One of our cats seems to like bothering me a lot. All three do follow me around, but one of them, Sisu, just likes to follow me the most. The computer/office room in our house is connected to the master bedroom so I usually have the door closed so the light doesn't wake anyone up. The thing is that the cat just loves to scratch the door, come in, then five minutes later wants to leave again. Then he'll repeat that multiple times. The door is only 5 feet away, but I still have to get up to open it. Luckily this cat loves boxes and stuff to play with. Just now I kept him entertained by putting a cardboard box on a chair and throwing in a paper clip. He spent the next few minutes playing with the paper clip. I can distract him with string too so he doesn't want to leave so soon. Also, I can put a box down and he'll usually jump right into it and sit around for a while. Right now I got him underneath a box and he's poking his paws out at the bottom. The other two cats we have would hate getting stuffed into a box, but this one loves it. Anyone else have weird cats? Or even a pet that just seems strange or crazy?

2. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ

Does anyone have a cat that isn't clinically insane? :D

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    in my experience, certain cats just hate feeling like they don't have access to "their" territory. they don't care so much as what's going on inside the room with the closed door--they just want to be able to go inside when they want.

is this curious cat the dominant one of the group? when my cats were around, my male cat would mrowr at us constantly to let him in rooms with closed doors, only to walk out seconds later.

4. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    One of our cats does this. She comes in and then a minute or two later she'll scratch the door mat so that we let her out again.

Our other cat is frighteningly skiddish. You can't make a sudden move, or else her eyes will get all huge and she'll bolt to the other side of the house. It was especially entertaining, right after we got our new hardwood, because she'd slide and run into stuff.:D

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    This one deserves an lol

6. MoD_Scotty

MoD_Scotty

Jul 22, 2007
    Thrapston, UK
    Our cat does the same crap. Being woken up at 4am by this ridiculous furball makes me want to throw it across the house. Fortunately, I refrain from such things. But if it's really bugging the crap out of me (and making me seriously lose sleep), I'll put the mofo in the laundry room on the other side of the house til I wake up.

7. Our cat has her moments but between me and my girlfriend she behaves differently. I'm nearly a foot taller than my girlfriend so the cat definately sees me as the dominant one in our little family, so when it comes to "trying it on" with either of us, she is more prone to misbehaving in front of my girlfriend than she does with me.
    Our cat has this funny habit at lights out time at our place. If I turn the light out in the lounge room and walk to bed in the dark, the cat follows me in about 30 seconds later. If my girlfriend turns the lights out, the cat runs under the dining table and waits in ambush for her to walk past and leaps on her as she passes in the darkness!! It absolutely cracks me up!
    My girlfriend goes to visit her father every few weeks or so, so I'm home alone some weekends. When my girlfriend is not there, the cat behaves exceptionally and just goes to spleep when I do, but as soon as my GF is there, some nights are just crazy. The cat runs amok and attacks my GF's feet under the blanket.........usually resulting in her ejection from the bedroom (the cat I mean......not my GF!). My GF loves the cat, but it drives her nuts that it behaves better for me!

DSCF0165.

8. Every single time i sit down in front of the computer our cat comes running and plops right into my lap. I swear it has some sort of sixth sense about it. When i try to type he will actually reach out and put his paws on my arms, like he doesn't want me to type...

it is really disturbing when i come in at 3 a.m. from a gig, the house is totally quiet and still....i look around, no cat and as soon as i boot up BAM out of nowhere cat in my lap..he is sitting here now...lol

When my wife closes the bathroom door he will actually reach his paws under the door and meow like the devil is on that side of the door with him, when you open the door and let him in, he climbs into the towel cupboard and goes to sleep!

and he waks me up sometimes climbing into the window next to our bed so he can lay in the windowseat and torture the dog outside!!!!

here he is under the computer desk

retartedcat.

9. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    It's a tortie...what do you expect. They are all schitzos.

10. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    And all female

11. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    Max is 13, so now he's just old, fat and comfortable. :) He was a lot nuttier when he was younger.

[​IMG]

Max's Kung Fu was very powerful.....

[​IMG]

Jake is 11, and he's still nothing but trouble. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. One of my dogs, Beau, a Westie, fights with a chihuahua and loses! He is a big softie really despite barking a lot and there was one time this chihuahua decided to steal his bone and rather than fighting back for it he came into the kitchen where I was and howled. Really quite pathetic.

He also chases EVERYTHING, including blackbirds, plastic bags and leaves.

13. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    All cats are crazy and all cats love boxes. That's just the way of the world. Most of them like sitting on laps while people are at computers. One of mine is like that.

14. My old cat liked boxes. I once found him in my wardrobe in a hat box.

15. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    Yah-huh!!

cat_microwave.

:)

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Becker likes to jump into anything he can, be it a laundry basket, a box, a bag, a gig bag, a hardshell case, etc.
    pict0013.
    PICT0494.

17. Liko

Liko

Mar 30, 2007
    My parents have a cat named Hurricane that does this on purpose. Their kitchen floor is Pergo (look-alike hardwood) and their entryway is tile. This cat will tear out of the laundry room by the kitchen, through the entryway and kill the welcome mat while doing a J-turn to head up the stairs. She does this just for fun.

Another of the cats, Folgore (Italian for "lightning") is vying for alpha. The position is currently held by the mat-killing cat, who was a former stray and knows how to handle herself, and for that reason I think the other cat's a bit maso. He'll sneak up on Hurricane or hide inside one of the side tables in the house, wait for her to turn her back, then pounce on her tail. this gets his a quick left-right-left from Hurricane at which he darts away, but never fully retreats. Maso.

18. Bett

Bett

Jan 27, 2008
    CT
    Actually, our two female cats (mother and daughter) beat him up. The younger one will chase him and the old one paws at his face while he's standing on his hind legs. He just tries to play with them but they'd rather chase him away. Also, he's the newest cat in the house. We've had the other two for years (found the mother in our field and she led us to her 3 kittens), and we adopted Sisu only 2 or so years ago. The two female cats have seemed to start taking after Sisu though. They recently started clawing at the couch in the same way he does.
    Reminds me of when I'd be trying to sleep then hear noises. I'd look up and the cat's sitting on my dresser knocking things off. He hasn't done that for a while now (after I'd knock him off the dresser and chase him away). Only thing he really broke was the reed in my Bombard oboe, but I never really used it anyway.
    Our cat's do that whenever we're in the bathroom. They run in right after you and either stare or start purring and walking around us. It's like they know they got you trapped... Either that or they hear water running.
    I agree on the crazy part, but our two female cats are impossible to get into a box. You can try to stuff them in no matter how big the box is, but they'll squirm and scratch. But throw a box, bag, or a piece of newspaper on the floor and Sisu'll be in or under it before you blink.

Another thing our cats like is closets. The younger female one will hide and as soon as someone opens a closet door she'll try to get in. If you grab her to pull her away, she'll fight like mad. Sisu always would want to get in too, but he's easier to get out.

19. Nothing can beat my border's awesome cat. He is deformed... found covered in oil in a dumpster. I think he is adorable. He has no teeth (except for some stumps at the back), his eyes are too big for his head, his face is smushed and his claws are a little sideways. And he is about half the size of a full grown cat, despite being about 7 years old.

Gandhi__The_Mutant_Cat____by_AmyTheFreak.

20. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Saskatchewan
    Your cat stinks! And is ugly!