Weird cell phone malfunction question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vince S., Aug 5, 2004.

1. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Hey all

Sorry I had to make a post about this, but since Im a curious person it will bother me for the rest of the night.

Today, my friend was over at my house. Her father called at 5:50 on his cell phone, only to get a woman who told him it was the wrong number. My friend and her father both later checked the log on the phone, and he did in fact dial the correct number. I asked my mom and sister, and my mom was not home at the time, and my sister said she didnt pick up the phone today. My friend just called my on that cell and it did go through. Any explanation for this?

Thank you.

2. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Back in the days that would be cell phone theft, things like that happened back in 95ish... Today I don’t think that possible, maybe station messed up or something. You dialed right number but it got patched through as wrong. :/ That would be my guess... I don’t think cell phone theft is possible today:/ maybe I am wrong

There is a pretty good cell phone forum…, they might know better… search it:/ if no one can answer it here:)

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    -glitch in the matrix. Run.
  4. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    lmao.. yea run now!!! :p

In all seriousness, if they use a cordless phone at the house, it could have bled over to another cordless phone. It used to happen to us all the time at our house....

Other than that, I have no clue....
  5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    If I were guessing, the malfunction resides within your sister. She probably didn't want to get in trouble for saying it was the wrong number, or just didn't want to deal with the hassle of explaining herself even though its not a big deal.

Just my guess.
  6. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    I've had similar experiences like this... Back in September I was seeing this girl who gave me her phone number one night. After talking to her for a few WEEKS on her number which was stored on my cell phone, occasionally, I would call her from her "stored in my cell phone number" and would get some guys voice mail. It was quite strange because I would call 3 or 4 times, get someone else's voice mail, and call back on the 5th time and get her phone...????!!!! :eyebrow: :scowl:
  7. You sure she wasn't using her boyfriends phone? :p

8. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Well actually, I hadn't thought about that...

Just kidding, no, it wasn't someone else's phone, because some of the times I would call back and get her voicemail.
    Ugh, all this talking about this girl brings back bad memories... :scowl: