1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Weird FUZZ/BUZZ HELP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stanknuckle, Jan 2, 2007.

1. When I play a C anywhere on the neck of my basses while amplified, my system lets out a fuzzy sound but only on that one note. What the!...........
    I have been collecting other responses and nothing of yet seems to help. Everything is screwed down and tight etc...
    What you reckon.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Some component of your system resonates at that note. Everything has a resonant frequency, but usually amp/speaker components are designed or assembled in such a way that it's not a problem.

Try using a different preamp, amp, and speaker cab, and switch each piece out one at a time. That way you can figure out which one is the culprit. I'm guessing it's one of your speakers, and if so it probably needs to be reconed or replaced.

3. If I have blown the drivers, then how is that I can still blaze away on my low B at high volume and not hear this fuzz?

I think it is time to get a tech to look at my entire system...
    Once this is done I'll let you know the results.

4. Sorry to all out there that maybe scratching their heads trying to work out what the problem might be.

I simply took my amp off the top of my cab and the fuzz stopped, put it back on top and it started again. I should have tried this first instead of going to extremes. Will be getting the amp repaired this weekend.