1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Weird GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StarscreamG1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Alright.... I say I don't have GAS and I really feel I don't so then why did I just get another bass???? Let me review whats in my present stable ...

My Dyna is my total dream bass. Yet I had considered selling it and had it sold but then I couldn't go through it. I mean it IS my dream bass. The only reason why I was going to sell it was there are few too many chips and dings and a few more gouges in the body than I would prefer...yea and then I saw that one Jazz of Jacos thats for sale and Im like 'what damage' O_O....that took care of that and I can live with is road scars.....

My other dream bass is my beloved Cowpoke :bassist: Its everything my Dyna is but in a different flavor. Thats the only way I can think of to put it (and as I stated in another thread, the first note I hit on that beast always leaves me standing there grinning like stupid fool for a few seconds before I get down to practice). Its so awesome if I ever run across a legit sale for one its mine as a backup before anyone could say 'Cowpoke'.

My other dream bass is my beloved T40, pain that it is LOL weight wise. Its smooth, its comfy...its a tone monster. Im so weird, Ive actually hugged that thing before Im so happy I got one back.

Then there are my Foundations. Even though they are for sale they are wicked basses. Are they 'dream' basses persay? Not to me but they are close enough that if they don't sell, well in the long run it won't matter.

My Squier is wicked. Its in my lap right now actually as I pause from playing unplugged to type this. Its a great bass and I don't regret getting it yet Im very laid back as to my feelings about it. I praise it and its truthful and worth every word but I don't have that fire for it like the others..its more of a smolder if that makes any sense. And that is in no way to mean theres anything wrong with it, there certainly isn't. I just have a very laid back attitude about it and I have no idea why.

The bat is just the Bat and soon will be sold here. I enjoyed it but the only thing that I really like about it is its all black, shaped like a bat and a 24 fret fairly comfy neck...but I really kind of don't want it any more.

The Memphis is a whole nother story that doesn't pertain to this and isn't even part of the equation so thats all I will say about it.

So ok, I am lucky I have not one but three dream basses, lucky that I found my dream bass(es), and one hell of a back up (the VMJ)... I don't want to get rid of those 3 or the back up and yet... I just bought a Yammy RBX200 that needs a lot of work electronically to play again and I can't wait to get it in!! And can't wait to tear it apart and fix it.

My GAS isn't about playing musical chairs with basses, having them come and go like a revolving door. I don't actively look for basses yet I keep my eyes open and if something strikes my interest enough to try it I go for it... I HATE THIS....what am I looking for? Or am I looking for anything? The Dyna and the Cowpoke are two versions of everything I've ever wanted in a bass. Why is my curiosity to branch out and try other basses still there?

2. I don't know that's such a bad thing, man.

Have you tried every single bass available? If not then I think it's great that you are wanting to expand, hey, you may even find another bass that you adore.

Besides, you can never have too many basses haha.

Dave.

3. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Well my BF and I have clashed about this so it might not be a good thing having a ton of basses. LOL I told him about the Yammy coming and he just gave me this loook. Then I told him the Foundations were for sale and he was like "okay" so I got forgiven I guess. LOL

Nice to know that my type of GAS isnt that weird. I am just dying to try other basses. I was just questioning the logic in it since Peaveys and Fenders are THE basses in my book. Maybe I keep looking and trying because deep down Im thinking there might be something out there even better then they are...I need to stop though LOL!!!!

oooo can't wait to get my hands on that Yamaha....LOL Im hopeless. I am really glad I don't get into the real high end boutique basses or I think I'd be without a BF right about now...O_O

4. haha..

I like cheapish basses anyway, they just beg to be bashed around, and sound all the better for it.

Maybe you could like, i dunno, start a piggy bank or something. I have and I'm up to 40 dollars! woohoo.

I've never played a Yammy before. What are you going to have to do to it?

Dave.

5. I don't think there's really a way to know what bass would really fit you perfectly unless you try a LOT of different ones. You may have one right now that sounds great and feels great, but who knows if it's the ideal one for you...or if there is such a thing. I think this is what fuels GAS for a lot of us. Just wanting to try different basses that we've never tried.

6. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Well, I have just sold two very rare G1 Transformers so theres some funds there.

Oh and I found out later on that night that my BF LIKES the Yammy... I was in shock... He said he actually liked it when he was looking at its pics -- he thought it was cool looking ...will wonders never cease? LOL

Oh and as for what I have to do to the Yammy; First it needs a gallon of googone to get rid of the stickers though I might keep the one on that back of the neck. Then it gets torn apart, all electronics visually and otherwise tested. It gets a total cleaning and buffing and its issue(s) fixed as to why it won't make a sound -- and Im hoping its something simple like the jack but Im preparing for the worst. And when its done, it gets a set up and new strings and, if I like it, I keep it, IF I don't it gets flipped for something else.