1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Weird Input Jack (MIJ Fender PJ)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jefkritz, Oct 16, 2013.

  1. jefkritz


    Oct 20, 2007
    iowa city, IA
    Hi all,

    The jack on my beloved mid-90s MIJ Fender PJ Special has gone bad. Initially, I thought "no big deal" as I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, and have done this sort of job before.

    But it turned out to be a crazy looking jack.


    and, i'm having trouble with pictures, so actual links...

    Anyone seen these before?

    The real question is whether I can replace it with a normal jack (which I have tons of), or whether I need to find an exact replacement.

    Any help appreciated.
  2. Well, first of all, you don't have an input jack. You have an output jack (they actually get called both because they use the same jacks for guitar output and amp input) :p

    Looks like a standard long-reach 3-conductor jack to me. That's what solid bodies normally have unless the jack is mounted on the pickguard. Get a nice Switchcraft one from Allparts.

    If I'm not seeing the photo clearly, and it only has 2 conductors, then you need the mono one.
  3. That's just an average barrel jack. Nothing unusual.

    They are typically spec'd for a 1/2" hole.
  4. jefkritz


    Oct 20, 2007
    iowa city, IA
    awesome. thanks y'all. i guess when i've replaced the OUTPUT (thanks softie :)), it's always been on some sort of a guard, pick or otherwise.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.