1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Weird message?!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ShredderMaximus, May 18, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I just wanted to run this one by you, see if anyone else is encountering this...

Everytime I switch over to the "basses" sub-forum or any threads out of it I keep getting a pop-up saying this:
    and its creeping me out, so I was wondering if its my computer with some kind of virus or some TB issue at the moment.

Thanks...

2. I have been getting the same thing.

3. KwinS

KwinS Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    I got it, too. It IS kinda creepy.

4. Well, this does kinda make me feel better, but I don't get it, is it phishing for our accounts?

5. someone might have hacked in to TB

6. I just realized that we are all in Texas, me just being an hour or so away from DFW, ***!!!!

7. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    Doesn't happen to me but I'm on my iPhone. Tried the app and the browser.

Where at I live about an hour from DFW too.

8. Technically Wolfe City, though we sometimes say we're in Leonard, still fresh from Nor-cal!

9. leetee

leetee

May 18, 2011
    texas
    i have gotten the same thing too it just started happening not too long ago like 30 minutes ago. help!

10. leetee

leetee

May 18, 2011
    texas
    what's TB?

11. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    Cool I'm an hour the other direction Waco area anyway welcome to Texas .

12. T-alk B-ass,
    And thank you 254! Though I admit it is a bit of a change, everythings sooooo far apart up here, I'm slowly adjusting!

13. leetee

leetee

May 18, 2011
    texas
    oh well then i got bad new for all of yall! i was just googling what this message meant right after it kept popping up so many times and this website came up about yall having the same problem and its not just this TB website, i'm using another website and it's doing it to me there.

14. Did it specify if it was a virus/worm/whatever or something else? How did you google it, I tried and didn't get any results?

15. Messed Up

Messed Up

May 18, 2011
    Well I can guarantee its not limited to TB board since I only found this board for the first time 5 minutes ago after googling for info on that same crazy pop-up message.

Was afraid it was my machine that was hacked.

And ... I TOO am in Texas ... in Dallas, less than an hour from DFW! That just seems too crazy to be a coincidence.

Edit: googling Ferrarastage.com didn't seem to be getting me anywhere, but adding the word 'virus' got me a shorter list of links, and this site came up like 5th or 6th.

Is this board also powered by vBulletin ?

16. leetee

leetee

May 18, 2011
    texas
    i just copy and pasted the thing in the quotations and the only thing that came up was this blog website and this other website here's the website:
    Url/Referer

17. leetee

leetee

May 18, 2011
    texas
    ah its not only happening in dallas its happening in san antonio too :(

18. Wow, this is beyond weird, why would it only be north Texans being affected?!

19. I believe so, did you happen to come from another vbulletin forum? Maybe thats the issue. I haven't really tried any other sites yet

20. leetee

leetee

May 18, 2011
    texas
    no it was no vbulletin forum website it was netflix