weird noises form my mxr M80

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by violatedppl, Jul 10, 2005.

1. I just got my m80 from gc for $100 (broken battery cover) and when I have it pluged in eather from my bass through the di into the amp or in the effects loop it makes a weird almost like it has a weak power supply but I am running through a wall wart, and I tried it with a brand new battery and it did the same thing. I am hoping that this will go away but I dont think it will and I was wondering should I try and return it, I got the 24 month replacment policy for free so should I take advanted of it. just though I would get another opinion. :help:
  2. but it only happens when I have the dist level all the way up and the blend all the way to dist. so its kinda weird
  3. um, well, do you need the distortion cranked that much? It's possible that it's normal behaviour. Maybe before you take it back, try another one in the store and see if they all do it.
  4. no I never need that much dist, just the nob got turned up somehow and it started to freak me out even when the dist was not on it made the same noise with the gain and blend all the way up.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Swap it for a new one.
  6. took it back and got a rack case, I prob buy another one when I get paid on fri :bassist: