1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Weird problem with pc

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Aug 28, 2007.

1. I was recording something with Adobe Audition, everything was fine, i listened to the mixdown file, and i heard this loud crackling noise from the left speaker. I listened to other songs, still the same thing, i changed the headphones, still the same thing.

I didnt post this in recording equipment because i think it has something to do with my computer because it happens to songs that i didnt record too.

:help: ?

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    New audio drivers needed maybe?

3. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Sound card a recent addition? May not be seated correctly. May want to blow some air through the jack connection.

4. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Jul 31, 2007
    Indianapolis
    If its just comming out of one side it could be that the output is hitting digital distortion on one of the stereo channels.

Also what kind of soundcard are you using? If your plugging the headphones into the same output it def could be the soundcard. Did you try different songs you know sound ok?

If your just using an on board sound card or some sort of non recording soundcard this is typical i think. They arent really made for abuse, and are made very cheaply im afraid.