Weird question - TB veterens you have been warned

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gram, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Gram

Gram Guest

Jul 15, 2004
    :help: Are there any things I can do to make my fingers stretch farther? see I cant stretch my fingers farther then 2 frets apart from each other which makes it makes it difficult to play fast or do I even need my fringers to be able to stretch farther? Im new to the bass and Ive just been moveing my hand up and down my neck to get my fingers comfertable......This post may sound dumb so no Jack @#$ comments :spit:
  2. basically what you want to do, is pull on your fingers for about 15 minutes a day, don't worry about dislocation, it only helps...

ok, in all seriousness, how long have you been playing? if you've only been playing for a little while, just keep practicing, it'll come! keep practicing long fret jumps, and it'll come...don't do my first advice, it'll hurt, and it doesn't help
  3. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Also, you can play a lot in first position, which requires no stretching at all! I do that a fair amount, but also like to move around on the fretboard... after so long your fingers just are able to stretch a fair amount - keep at it :)

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I have small hands, and even more of a stretch to overcome than most, since I tune in 5ths. Here's my advice: don't sweat it. You can stretch your hands a little bit, but not much. Spend more time on learning how to be efficient when you shift positions, rather than doing calisthenics.