1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

weird sound comming from eden D410XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scriv, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Wondered what problem this might be, i bought a eden d410xlt about a week ago, went up the shop tried it out, sounded great... got it back here and now its making a really weird noise if i play and hold a lower note on my bass. It can also happen on higher notes but you'd have to pluck the string pretty hard. it sounds the same if your were to stick out your tounge and blow (no idea what the actual word for that is!) considering sending it back to get repaired... anyone else got this problem?

2. Try plugging the unused 1/4" jacks with the little plastic caps that came with the cab (they came in a little plastic bag) or use foam earplugs.

It's air rushing through the jacks that causes a buzzing sound. It sounds like the noise is coming from one of the speakers, but it's the jacks.

It's a common phenomenon with Eden cabs.

3. hmm i see thanks for your help but the cab is second hand so i didt get any of the unused jacks with it. where would you get then from?

4. ChrisPbass

ChrisPbass

Jul 18, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    The eden has more than 1 1/4" jack (speaker cable input) on the back. The sound you hear is air rushing through one of those jacks. If you plug it w/something (ear plug, cloth, whatever) the air won't rush through it and you won't hear it.

5. oh i see i get what you mean now, thanks ill get some earplugs and try that!

6. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    its true, also, watt head are you using? watt eq setting, sounds like a fart out, try backing off the bass a click or two and push the mids, the xlts are mids outstandind

7. thanks for the advice I use the WT550 head, the cab is 4 ohms. At the moment my eq is basically flat apart from ive boosted the bass and treble about 2 clicks.

I did actually play a note and i felt air rushing out the jack so i guess that is what the problem is!

8. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    good chance it is that,lots of air does go through them, hope all works well for you

9. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    How's the earplugs trick working now? Get them plugged yet?

10. hey, i haven't actually plugged anythin in yet as its suddenly stopped making the sound... i dont know wether thats good or bad as it could probably come back any minute!:confused:

when it was making the noise i put my finger tightly over the other jack but the noise was still there.. does that mean the earplug trick may not work? out of interest who else has stuffed the back of their cab with an earplug?

11. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    sounds like you have Gain or EQ issues. Try backing gain back a bit, in combo with adjusting your amount to bass EQ. I had the same problem with mine, but it didn't happen unless you were at some pretty extreme volume levels. I solved my problem, finally, by ditching the Eden cabs and going with Schroeders. If you like obscene amounts of bottom end, the Eden stuff is not for you. At least it wasn't for me.