1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Weird story.. my bass teacher literally $#@_ himself?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Rugmaster, Dec 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. I was reading through these thinking of a funny story I could post about from my band, and while some weird things have happened, none of it is really worth posting on here. Then I just remembered something from way back when I first started taking lessons on bass:

I was taking lessons from what was a very talented, but kind of strange guy at my local music store. I was only 12 at the time, and I was a pretty shy and quiet individual. He taught me how to play some very basic stuff for a couple of months just to get me started. Anyways, one day I was at lessons and everything was going normal, I don't remember exactly what he was teaching me, but suddenly I found myself gasping for air as a horrible stench filled the room. Keep in mind this was a very small room in the basement of a 200 year old building. This went on for a couple of minutes, I was trying as hard as I could to pay attention and pretend I wasn't suffocating until he turned on a small fan. That did the trick for a while until it happened again, I continued to slowly asphyxiate, and finally he got up to use the bathroom and my suffering had finally ended for the day... poor guy! I almost felt as sorry for him as I did for myself that day... (I apologize if this wasn't written very well, in the middle of typing it up I accidentlaly hit a wrong key that ended up posting it before I was even finished).

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    S-Bigbottom likes this.
  2. 2groggy

2groggy

Jan 17, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    I thought that the brown note was only a myth ;-)

ImNotJoel and Garret Graves like this.
  3. Dug2

Dug2

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    i dont feel so good

Jah Wobble Fan likes this.
  4. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    vomiting.jpg

5. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    IBS perhaps.

6. Winterglo

Winterglo

Aug 29, 2015
    Ilinois
    You know, you didn't have to put up with that sh--.

ImNotJoel likes this.
  7. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Bad burrito = depth charge.

8. Joedog

Joedog

Jan 28, 2010
    Pensacola FL
    Thanks for sharing..........:rollno:

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021