1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Weird tweeter noise

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ryan Mohr, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Today, while I was practicing, I noticed a sound coming from my amp, very hard to descrive. I put my ear to the tweeter and it's definitely coming from the tweeter or the tweeter is amplifying whatever is wrong. When anything gets close to the pickups on my bass, the noise intensifies. Also, the noise comes and goes in volume swells. It's not the cables - I just got a brand new bayou cable today and there is still the same noise as with my monster. Anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

2. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Electrical interference. Not a big deal.

3. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    So why is it happening now and hasn't since i bought the amp?

4. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Got anything like a computer or TV running near it? Got any flourescent lights or dimmers? Dimmers are often a huge culprit.

5. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Nothing running near it except a stereo. The sound went away when I moved my amp a little. Should I be concerned with the safety of my amp?

6. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    No, it's fine and normal.