Weirdest Place You Play Your Bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Noobai, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    I constantly take mine in when I sit on the pot and play through some scales :)
  2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    how about sitting at the missile launcher console onboard a nuclear submarine while crossing the prime meridian and the equator simaltaneously........submerged hee hee no doo doo, man...i got proof. i have seen a picture of peter steele sitting on the pot with a keyboard. oh dear lord...
  3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    At the shipping company's airport distribution centre. When my Turner Renaissance arrived I couldn't wait, drove there to pick it up and had to rip the box open. Played some out-of tune double-stops for amused DHL staff. :D
  4. Show us your proof! I'd interested to see it.

My weirdest place was playing a bass (not mine, a friends) at customs in China after arriving via boat from Hong Kong and waiting for the dudes to clear our musical intruments. It took 2 hours.
  5. at ur grandmas house when she spills pasta sauce all over the amp in the kitchen
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The 1st floor lav in my house. The ceramic tiles reflect the (unplugged) bass sound.

No, I am not "un-loading" when I do this.
  7. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    ok, well, i gotta find the one where i actually have my bass in missile control center with me, but here's one of me next to missile tube no. 21 in missile compartment second level....and here's my shellback card :D

8. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    oh yeah, can you see the pink diflucan pen in my pocket? the guys really got a kick out of that ;)
  9. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    They allow you to keep a beard and play a bass in the Navy? I have just one question: where can the foreigners sign in? :D
  10. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    we buy beard chits when we're deployed at sea when "outsiders" can't see us. growing beards underway is also completely up to the captain...if he says no, we don't grow. and when we do grow them, they have to be groomed so that an eab (emergency air breathing mask) or an oba (oxygen breathing apparatus) can still be worn on the face with a positive seal. as far as bringing instruments underway...well, you can't live if you don't have tunes! we usually have a halfway night (the night that marks halfway through the deployment) party with all of the guys playing songs or with bands they might have formed underway. i was in this one band called the "Shaft Alley Cats." shaft alley is all the way aft in the engine room where the propeller shaft exits the ship. we thought it sounded kinda funny. we came up with "crew's lounge" versions of several popular songs with our own lyrics usually poking fun at the stinky a-gangers, the retarded nukes or the o-gangers...big targets of our tunes were also the skipper and the chief of the boat. man, i can't wait to go back to sea. i'm sure your country's navy has similar rules.
  11. Is there room for a righteous amp. on a sub?
  12. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i took my eden metro with me ;) i loaded it at night with a missile handling hoist through the logistics trunk while the escape trunk portion was removed. hee hee
  13. No way to follow that Nep!

I've taken mine to work. We had a PA setup for a big meeting in the RnD area, so I showed up early w/ my JazzRay to play it some and show off a little. There's a couple musicians in the dept. that I work at. So I was surrounded by $25k bikes, so there's something.

No way to beat playing on a nuke sub, That's about it lol.
  14. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i wouldn't mind playing while being surrounded by a pack of 30k pitbulls. that would rawk, man...besides, submariners are a tough crowd...and when they lift their shirts at you...well, it ain't cool ;)
  15. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Whoa!! Nuclear powered amplification by David Eden!
  16. Jakes Upstairs... Misoula Montana,

while on tour we played to a single homeless man doing karate moves on the dance floor......

may not be wierder than on a submarine but it sure seemed wierd at the time!
  17. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    on the central line underground between oxford st and liverpool st.

A large batterypack, a practice amp and a aria six string just about could be heard over the noise of the train.

Then we got arrested.
  18. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    Shove the warwick in the tube. They dont like it up em, sir...they dont like it up em.