Weirdness! Hellppppp!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sqeejo12000, May 11, 2005.

1. Sqeejo12000

Sqeejo12000 Guest

May 5, 2005
    Okay now that i have your attention, I was playing my bass today and i really haven't had it that long, but I was slapping on it and one of the pickups quit working. ???? I have a J/P combo on the bass and a balancer knob on it to mix the signal between the two. When i am all the way on the P pickup everything is fine but when I select all the way to the J pickup it cuts out the E and A strings. Should I just look into getting a new set of better quality pickups or just try to have the J pickup replaced or fixed. Anyone have any experience with the Ibanexz soundgear basses. I am thinking i might just have overloaded the coil. Please help. TIA
    ( I wasn't sure where to post so I posted in here and the pickup forum. I appreciate the help)
    By the way it is a Ibanez SDGR SR 400 for 2005.
  2. john flipcycle

john flipcycle

Oct 13, 2004
    Reading UK
    Partner, The Strat Shack
    If its limited to the E and A strings of only the back pickup then its definately a fault with the pickup. If you bought it this year then phone the retailer and get it fixed for free under warrenty. Sounds like someone is up with the internal connections of the pickup or something more serious. Have you dropped it recently?? What puzzles me most is if it was working fine what happened to screw the pickup so much. You cant have slapped to pickup into submission! :bassist:
  3. Sqeejo12000

Sqeejo12000 Guest

May 5, 2005
    I know it was fine but just quit working in the middle of practice. I am taking it into the shop where i bought it to have it serviced uder warranty cause it definately shouldn't have done that IMO. It has never been dropped and i really don't think i could fry the pickup just playing some Tool but hey maybe it couldn't stand my mad chops.