Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Welcome Hunter585, new Amps Mod

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by paul, May 7, 2001.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Welcome to Hunter 585, newest TalkBass Moderator! Hunter will be taking over for Oysterman, who decided to step down after many months of great service to this forum to free up some time in his life (I guess there IS life beyond TalkBass...) :)

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congrats to hunter585! and good job to the oysterman, you did a great job! i hope you'll still be hanging around here some. just as i was getting used to the cool avatar pic. :D

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey, I'm not the newbie anymore! Welcome Hunter!

4. yeah hunter, congrats. now you can get yourself a cool avatar!

i still think my badger avatar kicks major arse.

5. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Welcome Hunter... I'm looking forward to undermining your every decision. :eek:;)

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Your badger, is not match for Jazzbo Samurai. Hai! O hiyo goziemas! You killed my teacher!!!!

7. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Lawd `ave mercy! :eek: A moderator from tornado alley? ;)
    Must have one o' them 90 mph herdin' sticks [​IMG]

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Well, its nice to know I get a warm welcome:D

Thanks to all, I just hope I can fill the great O-man's shoes.

BTW...speakin' of avatars, how exactly do I get mine? I went to get one and it was tellin' me I had to become an elite member first:confused: I plan on becomin' an elite member soon anyways, but I was just curious.

9. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Good luck, Ty! The amps forum used to be the hot zone around here. Sucker...

And by the way, I believe the name has been changed to "bourgeois" member. ;)

10. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Aaahhh... I'm so relieved! :)
    Hang on tight, hunter, the road ahead might be a bit bumpy. ;)

Yeah, well, you'll never know. I might be gone all summer long, so I thought it was appropriate to announce my resignation in time. And moderating proved to be a difficult task and not as effortless as I first thought... too much work for a lazy guy like me. ;)

And I don't think I did a very good job, either. In fact, I made quite a few scew-ups during these four months. I just hope they weren't major enough to make people dislike me. If anyone feels offended because of what I have done as a mod, and haven't recieved an apology from me yet, here goes: Sorry.
    I think the fear of screwing things up yet another time contributed to my decision as well.

Whatever. That now belongs to the past.

11. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Oh, I forgot: Hunter, be sure to watch out for bass virtuosos and the Fieldy cult! ;)

12. great going to the oyster, and welcome hunter.
    you have come a long way since the days of rosin. :D

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

gruffpuppy, no! Bad! Mustn't mention rosin in hunter's time of glory!

We'll miss your moderating skills, O-man, don't be a stranger!:)

OK, hunter, get that omniring warmed up and get to work!;)

14. Whoops! sorry to both of ya. :)

I keep forgetting, its kick them when their down.:D

Again hope you still stick around Oyster, and congrads Hunter, I am sure you will do a great job.

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hunter ~

Congrats! and don't hurt me. Thanks to Oysterman, too. Paul, soon I will cough up some dough and become a supporting member. Honest. Very soon.

16. i dunno, the stare of the mystical badger can catch you off guard....then BAM! no more samurai :D

long live the "Test your knowledge" badger.

17. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Well, I personally don't have any complaints with the job you did, Oyster, and I'm sure that the majority of people will agree with me there. I've certainly had my doubts about whether I've been up to it, too. Moderating definitely isn't always as easy as it looks - you have to make some difficult decisions now and then, and hope that you don't upset too many people. There's a lot of responsibilty that goes with that omniring. :p

Anway, I'd like to thank you for all the good work you did, and hope that you don't become a stranger. And whatever's going to keep you away from here this summer, I hope it's worth it. ;)

18. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    It is when you have JT to do the work for you! He's been cleaning up rather well :D

[​IMG]

19. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Oooohhh brother....must we go here again:rolleyes::D

20. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Just kinda an FYI for all ya'll....

I am COMPLETELY amp ignorant....and that is one of the reasons why I am very glad I got this forum. Before, I hardly ever read amps, simply because I could find better places to occupy my time. However, now I have a REASON to be here, and a reason to read this stuff, and hopefully I can learn some from all of you.

So, what I'm tryin' to say is don't expect me to be all knowledgeable about amps n' the like....cuz I aint:D