1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Welcome to The Sadowsky TalkBass Forum

Discussion in 'Sadowsky Basses' started by Sadowsky, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    I would like to welcome everyone to The Sadowsky TalkBass Forum! A place to discuss all things Sadowsky.

Rob DeSantis, aka bikeplate, suggested this forum and offered to be the primary moderator. I want to thank Rob for his generous offer. All threads related to ordering and build options should be directed to Kevin Drexler (kcdbass). Robert LoPrinzi (dragonbass), and myself (sadowsky) will try to handle the technical questions.

Please feel free to use the forum in any way you like. Only prohibited question is: "What's the difference between Black Label and Blue Label strings!" ;) We will do our best to provide additional content we think you will find interesting.

See you on the forum!

Roger

2. Roger,Rob,Kevin and the crew.
    What a great idea to have this forum. I'm the proud owner of #4769,NYC V5 in Sonic Blue. I have no questions at this point but only to thank you for such a fine instrument.
    My only regret is my email address name -tobias5s@aol.com ! :)

3. hey roger

any chance you will be coming out with a will lee outboard preamp? thanks

4. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Which of your basses is best for metal? ;)

5. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Fantastic to see you here with the new forum!

6. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    All of them! ;)

I'm in...Thanks Roger for starting the forum. I am looking forward to it. I do have to say that many years ago. I did not get the "Sadowsky vibe" In my early years of playing. I thought if a bass was not some totally exotic wood, neck through "piece of art" it was just a Fender knock-off. I even visited the shop on Times Square probably in the late 90's or so. I really did not know what I was looking at or playing. You were very nice and showed me around and let me spend some time with a number of the basses. But, I still did not appreciate it out of my inmaturaty, at the time. Fast forward about 10 years. After a lot more experience playing. I picked up a Sadowsky again. Wow..I was blown away. Obviously, your product did not change..I did. And now I get it! You guys build an awesome product and I will always have a Sadowsky in my arsenal. Well, at least one. :bassist: My Sadowsky basses are used more often than any of the other basses I own....

7. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Im glad to be onboard and involved in this forum. Lots of cool things coming up in the future. Glad to see some of you post alrighty. Yea, change that email address:bag: LOL

Rob

8. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Question: Are there any plans in the works to offer a fretless Metro model?

9. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Funny you ask that, Elmon. About a year ago Roger posted on the website that he was taking orders to build some. He wanted to see if it would take off. Guess interest was too low to start that model metro. Maybe w the help off this specific forum, we can generate some interest and get enough orders together for a production run. We shall see

Rob

10. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    This forum is a nice idea. It's especially cool that Kevin will be taking part. I've had the pleasure of dealing with Kevin on several occasions over the last few years and he is really a class act. A huge part of my respect for Sadowsky as a company has to do with Kevin's customer service skills. Anyway, you guys are all doing a fantastic job and you've created a wonderful company with wonderful products. Keep it up!

11. LOL! Yeah Rob, that's what Roger keeps telling me!
    My email address is BS! (Before Sadowsky) :bag:

12. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I guess I'm chopped meat with a heavy drill hand.

13. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

No Valenti's allowed!! I should make up a street sign w a line thru it. LOL

Actually Nino, you are the man

Rob

14. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    ;););)

R

15. P. Bass

P. Bass

Mar 17, 2010
    Toronto
    Congrats on this great start guys!
    Roger, is there any chance of reinstating the classic "P" in the Metro line? I guess that it is in my blood. Is there any way to "chamber" the metro basses as a sub line? The wood is getting pretty heavy.Thanks.

16. CliffD

CliffD

Jan 27, 2008
    San Diego/Seattle
    Oooh cool! Congrats to the Sadowsky crew! Just when I'm GASing for an NYC JJ5...oi.

17. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    It took too long for this to happen.

Now it'd be a good idea to have several stickies up there. From the top of my head:
    1. Club Sadowsky member's list
    2. Gallery
    3. FAQ about setup, etc.

To all the people involved on this: Thanks! :bassist:

18. ...hmm...

...gettin' crowded in here...

;)

Welcome to the Sponsored Forums, Roger, glad to have you as a neighbor!

:)

...oh, and what's the difference between the Black Label and Blue Label strings?

:bag:

19. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

No Roscoe people allowed!!:bag:

What up, Gard? Hope life is treating you well

Rob

20. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Hey Fran. Good idea on the setup FAQ. If you have it, make a thread and Ill sticky it

Rob