Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

well boys thanks for your help! i bought it!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by spacecanoe, Jul 13, 2005.

1. spacecanoe

spacecanoe

Aug 6, 2002
    canaduh
    that chrissy 300 is gettin set up as we speak and will be ready in the morning mannnnnnnn oh man my first upright bass.. damn exciting! thanks again for all your help and advice. it was totally invaluble! im sure ill be on here ever other day now askin for more help haha .

thanks all!

jer

2. Let me be the first to say congratulations. Best wishes with the DB, you'll be forever glad you got the carved top at the outset! :bassist:

3. spacecanoe

spacecanoe

Aug 6, 2002
    canaduh
    why thanks EH hahaha man thats east coast canada man! im west sieeeeeeedeeeeee :ninja:

4. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Sweet. I'd love to see some pics of Chrissy when you get a chance.

5. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago

Hey, what do I know. I'm just a hoser from the midwest U.S..

6. Classical Bass

Classical Bass Guest

Jul 7, 2005
    South Georgia
    I share your enthusiasm. I am picking up my new bass tomorrw! I do not know its true identity tomorrow as I am choosing from more than one. :p

7. spacecanoe

spacecanoe

Aug 6, 2002
    canaduh
    man this thing is tough ahhaah its awsome though! but definatly a challange id show you pics but i dunno how to post em

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
  9. spacecanoe

spacecanoe

Aug 6, 2002
    canaduh
    i noticed on the label inside it says christopher 303 series bass blah blah 2004 buuuuut it says chicago?! i didnt know there was a chicago in china! hahaha anyone know whats up with that? progress is happining! my intonation is getting better but bowing is still waaaaaay to wierd and a real challange haha maybe ill stick to pizz!

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Don't give up on the bow -- get a teacher, even if only for a few lessons. Maybe you should try the kind of bow you DON'T have -- you might be more comfortable on a French if you're on German now, or on a German if you're on French now. If you can get it bowing nicely, you'll love the sound.

That said, I know how you feel! I just got my first DB two weeks ago (been playing on the school's for 6 months.) T'is a great feeling!

11. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago

Concord Group in Chicago (actually Elk Grove) is the distribution point for Christopher basses in the United States.

12. spacecanoe

spacecanoe

Aug 6, 2002
    canaduh
    wellllllllll **** haha they should at least be honest in there labelling of product..im not ashamed of its chinese heritage lol either should they its a decent bass from what i can tell!

13. spacecanoe

spacecanoe

Aug 6, 2002
    canaduh
    id post a pic or 2 but this site is stopping me cuz my pics are too large and im not much for knowing anything about graphics haha im a sound guy:S