Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Well, FedEx got it half right....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, Apr 30, 2002.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I woke up today looking forward to getting both my Aguilar GS112 I BIN'd on Ebay last week, and an Alembic Sf-2 that I found online delivered to me at work.

I got here, and checked tracking on both:Alembic SF-2 was "on the truck." Everything looked good.

Checked on the GS112-Delivered, signed for by: Patel. Uh oh. There isn't anyone in the mailroom at my office named Patel. I've known everyone down there for at least two years, and have had plenty of stuff delived here, so I know there isn't anything amiss downstairs.

The SF2 has since been delivered, and sits on my desk at work, waiting to make fun, wacky sounds when I get home.

The poor GS112 is confused as to where it is, and what it is doing there. Poor l'il thing.

I guess with as much stuff as I have bought online that it was just a matter of time before something got screwed up. I guess there is stil a chance that it'll show up, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm trying to stay upbeat. It could be worse--they could have lost the Curbow 6 string I won a couple of months ago. And, of the two items I was supposed to get, the GS112 is a lot cheaper to find new than an SF2. I recognize the seller from different forums online, and we have had good communication, so I am not too worried about him following through with getting my money back to me after this all gets straightened out.

2. farboozle

farboozle

Apr 18, 2000
    Fairfax VA
    Darn . . . I was waiting to hear the results of the 2 x 112 vs 2x12 showdown . .. :(

3. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    When I ordered my Lakland JO bass FedEx sent it to some guy's house about 40 miles away! I was able to have them stop the truck just before they delivered it...

Sometimes shipping is scary! I'll still trust FedEx over UPS any day. UPS has broken so many items I've ordered, it's incredible! I ordered a cab from NY and it came cracked up the side, grill torn off, casters busted through the bottom and corner protecters shattered!:eek:

Good luck!:)

4. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I feel for ya with the MIA GS112.

I used to work for UPS and I can personally tell you that even if you do "Ground" shipping, your package is still going to be "Airborne." HaHaHa. UPS is a joke. FedEx may have their occasional screw-ups but only UPS would deliver an "empty" box labelled to weigh 110lbs. to your doorstep and pretend it was shipped that way. OR how bout a box with broken glass in it that used to be a vase holding your Grandma's ashes; or a box of chemicals that is dripping. Some employees did indulge in the occasional illegal substance shipments....now that is a funny sight to see a bunch of teamsters digging into a box like a child under a pinata. I'll stop here. I'll need a whole Server to note every story about UPS. I guess it was kinda fun working there!:D

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Mr Fed Ex guy knew where he delivered it, and it arrived this morning unopened.

So, I now have 2 GS112s. The plastic on the bottom right corner apparently got cracked, but the speaker, and everything else is in good shape.

I'll call Aguilar and see if they can send me a new corner cap (I did just switch to an entire Aguilar rig, after all. :D)

Ah, life is good, again.

Now, if I can just will the DB750 to show up...