Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Well finally........

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassclef44, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Well, I've been looking at this forum for a couple of months and decided to post. My name is Tim and I'm a Bass Player. I started in the early 70's when my high school needed a bass player for the Jazz ensemble. I've always played a Fender, ( I started on the P Bass and now play a Jazz.) I've recently upgraded to a Mesa M Pulse 600 with Powerhouse cabs.When I started playing everyone wanted to be the next Stanley but now I have learned that music is what is inside one's self.(Soul) There will always be people that love you our dislike you and that is not what matters, it's the Spirit that makes the music. :) :)

2. Welcome to the forum!

Yes there are many reasons we play bass and our musical tastes vary, but I think what we all like about it is that playing the bass allows us to express something inside we couldn't do any other way. Not all of us can create a totally new style or signature sound but can still express ourselves with individual ability and flair.