1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

well I almost had an 810 today

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by poomwah, Feb 19, 2008.

1. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    got here at 8:30 this morning, which I thought was great, but it had a couple holes in the shipping carton, sure enough, two dents in the grille, one of them pushed the grille all the way against one of the speakers, and actually cut about a 2 inch section of the grille metal, that particular dent was probably about 6 inches or so wide, looked like a fork lift got it.
    so its on its way back to carvin, and carvin is going to make wait until they get it back before they send me out a new one :[
    I asked for my money back and they said they won't refund it until they get the cabinet back at their wharehouse, then they submit it to accounting and in 3 to 5 days, they will credit my card, then its a matter of waiting for however long it take my bank to process it.
    At least I woke up excited

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Again, not exactly a Basses subject.

3. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    sorry Ryan, I thought since it was bass related it would be ok. Sorry

4. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Yeowch... You got my sympathy, man.

Got my Carvin 810 today too. It had a dent in the grill, but it was very minor, so I'm not going to sweat it.

5. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Did they ship it freight?

6. mjolnir

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    They did with mine.

7. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Surprising it was damaged then. I have had two Ampeg 8x10's shipped via freight and they always arrived without a scratch on them and the box looking new. Of course if it isn't on a pallet, I can see how it may get damaged.

8. mjolnir

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Maybe you just got really lucky. Mine had a broken box when it showed up at my door plus a dent in the grill, and it looks like the OP got it much worse.

...Or maybe he was just really unlucky.

9. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    mine was freight too, not on a pallet. The good news is, I got a call from carvin saying that they are sending me another one out tonight, so HOPEFULLY I'll have another one in 3 to 5 days. At least my amp got here seemingly unscathed. It got here UPS about an hour ago. I'm letting it warm up a bit before I power it up (its 17 degrees out)

10. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    oh my god, I hooked the amp up to my wifes 415 and OH MY GOD, that amp is incredible