Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Well, I am trying to get this thing off my hands.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by AsaBass-A, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Hello fellow musicians, I am wondering if any of you would be interested in buying or trading something for my Gibson Nikki Sixx Blackbird. It is essentially a Thunderbird Bass - that is it has all the specifications of a T-Bird minus volume/volume/tone controls. Ebony fretboard, on/off toggle switch, iron cross fret markers, smoothest/smallest neck ever (to maneuver like nuts), neck through body, what more can you ask for?
    The thing has a HUGE deep sound, ideal for dark music/heavy rockers or if you just want to get that mid range/low end kinda feel, hardly no highs. The extremely rich sound can knock down a building. I loved it and it remains to be one of my favorite basses I bought, but it is time to move on for me. I am looking to buy a Geddy Lee Jazz Bass. Please give me a buzz in the forums here...That would be just great. Thanks a million!

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Sorry, but stuff for sale belongs in the "For Sale" forum. I'll move this...

3. Oh, alrighty! Thanks!

4. How much are you asking, and what would you be interested in trading for?

5. I am looking in the 400-500 region...I will take best offers...Tell me how much you would like to spend. It is near mint/it will be a year old on december 1st I believe or November 20's. I am looking for a J-Bass of a sort. That's about all. Oh yea regular price right now is like 800-900 and list is like 2700 so I am not cheating anyone here. :cool: :bassist:

6. Would you consider a trade for a MIM Fender Jazz 5 string? Plus cash of course.

7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
  8. That could be a cool possibility. How much cush?
    Cool...People are actually buzzing in!

9. I'll PM you later about how much cash...
    Do you have any pictures of the Blackbird?

10. Sorry you guys, I just went to pick up my camera to take some pictures of the black beaut, but my camera was out of batteries so what I am gonna do is I will have recent pictures taken (like tommorow) and post them up in the afternoon so you guys can take a look at her, SO SORRY! The bass comes with a sturdy hard shell case with "Blackbird" written on the front in a silvery gray on black. Once you open the case, it has a huge blackbird sign over an iron cross on this drape thingy - super awesome hardcore style. Once you lift this up you have your bass. Oh lemme give you people some more things...I will throw in the case (obviously - $80-100 value) Some nice German made [BLACK] Schaller strap locks ($20 value), a nice nylon strap with leather hide ends ($35 value), and a gold warranty which I never filled out (I dunno how much that is valued but it is lifetime I believe). Also included: a screwdriver/wrench tool. Altogether over a $155 value. Good stuff for good people. Thanks for being patient. Oh and I will make my decision this weekend probably, up to maybe Tuesday, to whose deal I will take. Thanks again guys!

-ASA A.!

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Let me put my two cents in:

This is one of the sweetest basses I've played, the neck just isn't my style. I prefer a nice fat, Stingray neck, and this thing is so narrow, so fast, it's amazing. It's really neck heavy, but it looks cool enough to make up for it. I had one for about three weeks, but had to return it due to financial problems. The case alone is amazing! Some complain about the lack of controls, believe me, you won't miss them. This thing just sounds SWEET! And the on/off switch, you'd be surprised how much you love it!

Not to mention $400-500 is a hell of a deal.

12. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Asa -

I sent you an email but then changed my offer a little and sent that via PM

Thx!
    d

13. Once again fellas, SORRY FOR THE WAIT! WOO WOO!

14. Oh and tplyons - Thanks for your input on that. What he says is definitely true. Listen to more experience with that Black Beaut!

Thanks for all your time you guys. Once again, I will be making my final decision this weekend. WOO!

15. Oh and an "opti-grab" handle, for those of you who don't know what is, is a handle for pick-players. You secure a tight grasp with your pinky at approximately the bridge area and just play play play away!

WOO!

16. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i sent another pm..just want to make sure you have a fair, clear thought when choosing

thanks
    steve

17. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    fingers be crossed...