Well, I did something that was probably for the best.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Jan 22, 2004.

1. I am cleaning out my computer, and I deleted about 6 gigs worth of music and video stuff.

I also startesd using explorer again, because Mozilla kept making me mad, and my computer has significantly less junk on it.

I am also pondering if I should get rid of Kazaa lite.

And all i really need now, is a dvd drive, a new video card and widows XP.

Anyone else do something for the good today?
  2. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

Well, yesterday was one of those good days that you look back on during bad days and say "*THAT* is the reason why I keep going."

To start off, I found out that I made a 90% on my first chemistry quiz. I originally thought that I had failed it, so to get it back as a 90 was DEFINITELY a big highlight. One of my goals this semester is to get a 4.0, so I'm off to a good start. :meh:

Next, I saw the girl I've been dating. She surprised me by showing up here before she had to go to work. Not a real big deal, but it just made me happy.

Next, I get a call from my mom and she's passing through town, so we go have a late lunch at the place where my girl works (Texas Roadhouse):D So, that was a triple threat--Seein' my girl, seein' my mom, and eatin' some GOOD steak. I also found out that my uncle (who my mom is on her way to see) isn't in NEARLY as bad of shape as they originally thought.

Right after I get back to campus, I find out that I made it to the 3rd and final round of the CL (Community Leader-sorta like an R/A in a residence hall) selection process, so THAT was a big up.

Finally, last night, I played poker (Hold 'Em) for the first time EVER (I knew the rules but have just never actually played) with some guys that play weekly, and I won!! So, I made $15 bucks off the deal.

Just a really good day all in all. I'm now bracing myself for hell on earth within the next week--a day that good can NEVER go without a day equally as bad :(

Sorry for the ramble and sidetracking your thread, but I just wanted to say that, and you gave me the perfect opportunity :)
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I got a 92% on my bio midterm. Yay.
  4. well i went to the store and i wanted to buy chips and dip but there was no dip so i got sour cream and onion chips and a chocolate bar. what a good lunch.
  5. I finally found a moment of inner peace and traquility. :)
  6. waking up in the afternoon is better :p
  7. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I ate today, and woke up in a warm bed.
  8. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Ty, your post reaks of "Texas". :D

I was waiting for you to say, ".......and then I went to my job where I sell propane and propane accesories". ;)
  9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I fixed my snowplow and put new Slowounds on my Bass today.
  10. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I didn't skip either of my two classes today!
  11. made all As this past semester. woot.
  12. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

The lovely aroma you smell is probably just holdover from the leftover hot rolls from yesterday from "Texas" Roadhouse :D
  13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    You know you're a redneck when.....:D

J/K of course :)
  14. You should use Ares instead of Kazaa, it is the only TRUELY spyware free program.
  15. Got an A on my math and english finals. Amd just got a new avatar cabinet.
  16. Opened up and played with the insides of a frog today in Bio, finished making Craps in programming, and a couple days ago freed 9gigs on my comp by doing a defrag, disk cleanup and an all-around "delete the crap not being used". :D I'm happy! Cept for some of my grades...need to work on those.
  17. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I had some good chicken nuggets from McDonalds. That's a miracle in and of itself. I got laid off today, too, but I feel alright.
  18. I did absolutely nothing...and it was everything I dreamed it would be.