1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Well I don't know.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MagicMoogle, Jul 19, 2008.

1. MagicMoogle

MagicMoogle

Jul 19, 2008
    I don't know what to do about the new bass i want.
    It's an Ibanez SRX590, quite budget but from what i've heard its quite good.

Im not sure if to get it or not, does anyone have any more knowledge than me?

Im sure i want passive pickups and of course Ibanez being a respected make for bass legends like fieldy (KoRn), i think im making the right choice.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

-Moogle.

2. :eyebrow:

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    If Fieldy is a legend, it's interesting that you had to tell us what band he is in.

4. Easy on the new guy.

I guess you're not able to try the bass out somewhere?

5. bassfuser

bassfuser

Jul 16, 2008
    I have an Ibanez SR505 that has active pickups. Plays real nice and is light weight. Has a pretty good sound.

Having passive pickups could be a good thing because it's always been kind of difficult to get the sound I want.

I picked up a Music Man SUB 5 recently that blows it away. So for the price you may look into something like that. You'd probably get more bang for the buck by getting a used instrument.

6. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Feb 4, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    So Fieldy's a legend now? :bag:

If by "passive pickups" you mean something that doesn't take batteries then the 590 is not what you want. The pickups may be passive, but it has an on-board active EQ that takes a battery. Otherwise, Ibanez is a solid product, especially for metal.

7. Opinions are of course subjective. The only way that YOU will know that YOU like one is if you play one.

8. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    for real. the K5 is actually a fine fine bass.

9. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    Try the Great Google there Moogle. :D You'll get links to reviews . . .

10. You get one too.

:eyebrow:

11. SubXero

SubXero

Apr 27, 2008
    Philadelphia
    the sr500 (or sr505) is a pretty awesome bass and I'd imagine that the SRX590 is very similar, it looks almost like an SRX version of the sr500. Main differences typically being flatter non-rounded edges and the MM style pickups instead of soapbars. Otherwise it does look very similar to a sr500.

It's generally hard to go wrong with an ibanez bass.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021