Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Well, I finally put some money down....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Mar 20, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    After months and months of debate, pondering, and hearing people to tell me to shut up until I get some money, I took my first paycheck and put it towards a deposit on a brand new head. Not the one I was expecting, though.

Funny story. I was heading to a local store, Strings n Things to go try out some Genz Benz stuff to be sure before I go with GK for good. Well on the way, I decide to stop by Fisher's Music Town. I talked for a good while about Gallien Krueger with one of their employees, and I leave, convinced that I'm gonna buy a 1001RB-II from them. I get to Strings n Things and play for a good while though a GBE 600 and 610T-XB-2 with a Stingray. The tone is so defined and the mids, which I usually don't like, were so clear and punchy, not mudd or airy like I find with most amps I try. I talk with an employee and after about 2 minutes, I realize he was a jackass and was gonna try to milk every penny from me.

I left Strings n Things kind of bummed, but I got this odd idea that I have to have a Genz rig, but I didn't want to deal with these money whores. I turn around and head to Martin Music, which is a Genz dealer, but doesn't stock them. After they tried to convince me not too, I pay $200 for a GBE 600.

So no more constant question from me, except 610 or 410 and 115? Probably 610, since I found out it can go as low as 25 hertz.

~Patrick

~Patrick

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Congrats...

I suspect that you might want to change part of your signature line :D

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN