well i finally went through with it

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xcental34x, May 15, 2005.

1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I finally got my ears pierced today. This is something I had wanted to do for about 10 years now. I didn't even plan on having them done. I had this pair of plugs for about 2 years, and I've had them in my wallet ever since. So I goto a local tattoo/piercing parlor with a lady friend of mine, who got her nose done. After she gets done, I saw how painless it was for her, so I asked them how much if'd cost if I had my own plugs, and what the biggest gauge they'd pierce them to. They quoted me 20 bucks, and told me I could have them pierced all the way up to 00g. So I show them the 10g plugs I got, and then go back into the room, and have them pierce it. Its actually a major relief to finally of done this, after so long. My mom didn't over react like I thought she would, and after awhile I'm going to start stretching a little. Nothing too big to where its going to permanently damage ears, but maybe upto 8g or 6g.

2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've been thinking about getting my left eyebrow pierced twice, and putting in to barbells (no hoops on the face, thank you). Once my fall situation irons out (job, school, or job and school), I'll probably get around to it.

I'm not one much for piercings, but if I ever do get around to my ears, I'm not half assing it. Either nothing, or like, 3-6 in each ear.
  3. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY

I have two piercings in my left ear. I had them done at two separate times, within a year of each other. Both times it was painless, except, when I tried to stand up right afterwards, I started to get dizzy, then I sat down for a minute and everything was fine.

That's enough piercings for me. Sometimes I go extended periods of time, like a month, without wearing earrings.
  4. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    i have nine piercings...three inna left ear, five inna right ear, one inna weenie.... :eek:
    the frenum...the latter one...hurt the least.
    must be old age, making the ol' sock puppet numb... :p
    oh, yeah....do what the piercer says about stretching...my oldest boy got his left ear pierced, then started stretching it immediately. he went waaaay too fast; now he has a cat's ass. :rollno:
    you don't want a cat's ass.... :scowl:
  5. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    First of all, congrats on the piercings. :)

I'm surprised by this. I'm by no means an expert at this stuff, but places around here don't recommend any bigger that 8g to start. I suppose it's possible, but... that would seriously mess up your ears. It took me over a year to get to 00g. The plugs are out now, and you can barely tell anything was there.

I also had my tongue pierced. That lasted only a few months. :smug:
  6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    My brother's got two in his left ear, the piercing was painless and the care afterward was fine. His friend had an industrial done on his left ear at the same time...caused him no small amount of pain, apparently ;).
  7. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    It's funny that I open this up right now, because I'm having a conversation with my cousin about piercings. I currently have a ring in the middle of my lip, and now that I've gotten over my fear of the pain involved (which is surprisingly very little) I'm craving more. I haven't gotten around to getting my ears pierced, but I'm also tossing around my eyebrow, nose and mah sexy nipples. Decisions, decisions...
  8. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Well, I see it as possible, but I would just think that would hurt more than anything.

9. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Ok when I get home from work.
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Nope, not me NEVER!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

My sister just got her belly button pirced, i hear they get infected very often.
  12. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    they do - my sister had hers redone like 6 times or something silly like that, it just kept healing over. Ugh.

I have to say I don't think I'd get any, apart from the 5 in my ears - i prefer the slower, dull, burning pain of a tattoo to the quick but intense agony of a piercing! I guess I prefer my pain spread over a longer period!
  13. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've heard that about sisters too.

brad cook

Got to love the tattoos, what do you have?.
  15. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Just one tribal on the lower back for now - its nothing special, pretty big though, goes from one side to the other. I'm in the market for another, on my upper back between shoulder blades - I want it to be individual this time, so I'm hoping to get one drawn- last time was just from flash (boring I know)

they can be addictive can't they? ;)

Yeah i got 6 tattoos in 16 months :help:
  17. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    I had a bunch of piercings up till about six years ago. The tongue was okay painwise, but the actual process of getting it pierced was horrible, the clamping being the worst bit.

The most painful ones were cartilage piercings. Especially the antitragus and antihelical fold...

18. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    My 16 year old daughter has plugs and I HATE THEM. I sure as heck hope they grow back shut when she gets over that silly fad.