1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Well, I got dumped.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ziltoid, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    And not even in the classical "it's over" or "let's be just friends" kind of way. I was in a distance relationship and she just started to ignore me. It has been about two weeks since I last received a sign of life and the whole last month had just been ******. It is clear I'm no longer part of her plans.

I had a feeling things would crap sooner or later the way she handled some things, but even when I was thinking about this it never occurred to me it would be in this fashion. I've known her for 6 years or so, heck, a text message telling me it's over for an XYZ reason would of been appreciated in comparison to this. Closure would of been nice.

Oh well, I'm really saddened by all this but then again I'm moving to a new town,her town, she was basically the reason why I'm leaving earlier, next Friday (and I'll be damn sure to get my cereals in the morning altough I do not know which seat to take...). It's not like being single in Quebec City will be a curse if I can get a hold of myself.

Anyways, here's for my annual summer thread, funny how venting to strangers feels nice.

2. man, sorry to hear about that...although to read between the lines it appears as if you didn't not entirely unexpect this.

good luck with your move and i hope to be hearing in a few weeks (months?) that you have found someone else and moved on.

davesignatureII-1.

3. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    You going to be in Quebec City in October by any chance?
    We're definitely 100% going for beers if you are!

This situation does suck. But think of it this way- anyone who's going to take the easy way out of it like that, probably ain't worth being with anyway. That's a real shytty way of breaking up with someone you've been with for 6 years. Damn

4. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    same here,...

we live in different towns and dated less and less frequently until it fizzled out!:( i talked myself into avoiding her, but she calls/texts me every 5-6wks saying she can't let go. i hate long good-byes, but every so often i'll respond.

my advice,.. don't move to her town!!!:confused:

5. Ziltoid

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks guys, I had a feeling it would crap some day for the following reason:

I'm very communicative, I say what I have to say, how I feel, etc. She's the total opposite of that and often her way of handling emotions was to isolate herself from everyone.

Every time we had a different she tried to guilt-trip me, I was basically the devil in person and she took no responsibility at all.

She was exactly respectful, but that was more of a problem in the last month than before.

And lastly, I honestly suspect she's bipolar or has some kind of mental issues causing huge ups and downs.

Nevertheless, funny how things work, I was happy with her.

Edit: For the record we've only been together 5-6 months maybe less, but we were very good friends for the past 6 years.

And Relic, I will be unless it's the weekend of the 6th, I have a wedding in Ottawa that weekend. Makes me think I've got to downgrade from +1 to alone for that... Hit me up when you'll be there

6. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    I just hope you dont go kissing her butt when you move to her city. Forget about it and move on, I wish you the best of luck!!

7. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    So, to make a long story short, she's basically awful at being in an interpersonal relationship...

You dodged a bullet. Quebec City is full of gorgeous French girls. Chalk this one up as a blessing in disguise, sir.

8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Send her a thank you card and move on.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I don't think it's over.

-Mike

10. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    Well...... there's only one thing you can do in a situation like this -
    have sex with her sister!

11. Ziltoid

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Could you elaborate winegum lover :p

She doesn't have one.

12. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

No sister, Then her friend! Seriously, let it go man. Find a whole person that you don't have to struggle with to communicate. Just let it go.

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    You're making a bunch of assumptions. You know she isolates herself at times, so instead of assuming she dumped you after two weeks of silence, find out what's wrong and if you can help.

-Mike

14. Ziltoid

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    I tried, but I'm just the bad guy that doesn't understands she needs "time to herself"... To which I replied something along the lines of "So there's no place in your life for me", she says that's not true, but can't tell me what she wants or what's going on. I'm getting sick and tired.

We had a "conversation" after I posted this thread, which I just summarized. Then her friend messaged me trying to fix things. Oh the joy.

15. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Is the friend hot?

16. Ziltoid

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    No go, sadly.

17. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    My last girlfriend was like that and it turned out to be a very destructive 3 years only to end in a burning pile of pain.

Get out man, plenty of girls out there looking for a sexy bass player.

18. Sorrrry. :/

19. Get back on the horse, pardner. While normally I'm Quality First individual, stock on some Quantity for a while :)

Peace,
    Greg

20. just happened to me, i dated a girl and was engaged to her for 1 1/2 years , she went to israel to see family and i always talked as much as possible to her and 1 week before i was suppose to go there I got a call after she dumped me on facebook and she said well I really just met someone else, hope you find happiness and hung up.

Its rough stuff, I can relate-good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.