Well I got some stuff to play now...but now the work begins.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by merc50, Jun 2, 2005.

1. I guess it might be the cool thing to do an intro since I have been posting the last week or so...

I played bass back in high school (in the 80's) and was not real super duper at it but I had fun. Sold almost everything in college for beer and car money (old hot rods are far worse than guitars) except a trashed Fender 57 reissue.

The poor Fender was tore up and stickered up big time (I was so punk and rockasilly!) so I took it apart four years ago and the guy that was painting my car was supposed to paint it the same color as my car but he never did it. It will get done at some point (he is a close bud), but ah well.

I also sold my Rick and my other bass guitars/stuff/amps I had back when I was playing except my upright (it made a great room decoration and I still slap along to some hillbilly and rockabilly stuff from time to time when I get the urge). But I walked away from playing because I was never really that good anyhow.

I teach high school now and kids think I am cool for some strange reason. Students will show me guitars and bring me demos all the time and I was showing a kid last year some bass basics and the bug returned. (BTW, what is with these kids and these guitars with all the sharp points and f holes that look like daggers? Am I really getting that old and square? Heck, one kid showed me a BC Rich that looked like a spider that had been stepped on...but the kid can rock on that thing!)

I got a Fender Hot Rod American in that crazy orange when they came out (so Gretsch looking and sick) but never really got a chance to play with it due to other things going on in my life. BTW, I love that thing, best Fender I have ever owned so I find it odd how many people seem down on those but I do have to ask, what happend with them and how long did they make them?

I just picked up a Ric in midnight blue and now I am starting to try and really get back into the groove...good god I am bad...and it hurts trying to get used to that spread again.

Anyhow I have been lurking for sometime and have PMed several of you and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone I have PMed with and I love hanging around here.

Now if I could just get those fingers to work... :bag:
  2. Again, congrats on the Ric dude. And im sure your fingers will "loosen" up soon enough.