Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Well i just got it..

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Mar 27, 2005.

1. and there something "wrong" with it. i dont really know if its a major issue i'm just not used to the rick bridge and cant figure out how to fix it cus the owners manual is so unhelpful its a shame. The little riser that holds the strings up on the d string is kinda loose so whenever you hit the d string too hard of hit the g string and rest on the d is makes this loud annoying clicking noise and i cant see to make it go away. i've go some picture so show you what i'm talking about cus i dont know what its called exactly and i really dont want something wrong with a bass i just dropped a grand on. thanks for the help in advance PLEASE help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this little slidder thing and hold the strings up. no clue what its really called. thanks

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Hey Pink, the part of the bridge you are reffering to is called the "saddle". The foam part next to it is a mute. As far as your rattling problem, I'm not entirely clear about what is rattling- can you clarify a little, or circle the exact part in teh picture?
    Did you buy the bass new? If so you should be able to get the dealer to take care of it. If you call Rickenbacker they could probably be helpful as well. If you can trackdown Ricbass here on TB, he shoudl be able to help you as well, he's a Ric fanatic.

3. the peice highlighted in the pictures moves up and down and clicks against the bridge making this annoying noise when you hit the d. i just want it so stop moving and stop click. i bought ti brand new, it was the display model but i was the first owner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    unstring the bass, chack all the screws of the bridge looking for an unusually loose one, if you find nothing take it back to the store and tell em to bring you a new one or get your money back.