Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Well i just scored a Deep Impact

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lazlo Panaflex, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Awesome, from what I hear, it's worth every cent! :bassist:

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

My advice - when you use it, don't think of it as an "enhanced bass."

Think in more musical terms and use it as a "new instrument" instrument instead of a bass, much like "Head Like a Hole" by Nine Inch Nails, (among some of their other songs), and ."Hella Good" by No
    Doubt.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    In the last two years, mine has become the #1 effect in my arsenal. Tweak it, and it will give you much better performance for your needs. Don't just rely on the factory presets. This is one powerful envelop and octaving tool.

4. rickbass

Amen, Eric. Bass Player and I found them rendundant. You can really make each quite distinct.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    $280, wow and i thought the $179 for Fulltone Bassdrive was a lot.. hmm.

6. rickbass

Fig - Are they still making the Bassdrive?

That fact that the Impact is no longer made, among other factors, has skyrocketed the price.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes i believe they are.

8. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Will a Deep Impact get you envelope sounds akin to an EH Bassballs or even some of the envelope sounds on the Digitech Bass Synth Wah?

Oh, and can you get an "unsynth'd" octaver sound?

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i guess i was lucky when i got mine for $99 from musiciansfriend

10. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I just got a Deep Impact myself last night, for $210, and worth every penny easily! Only futzing with my first patch, I've dialed in this synth pad sound that blows me away, and to think I *was going* to go buy a Korg Prophecy or Nord Lead!! I just saved myself beaucoup dollars.

11. prismacolor2

prismacolor2

Nov 6, 2003
    Boston
    Dave

Glad it arrived safely and that you're happy. Synth on man. :D

12. rickbass

In another thread I put up today, I mentioned the Deep Impact.

Check out Jason Slater's use of a synth pedal on "Sonic Jihad" by Snake River Conspiracy. It may/may not be a Deep Impact he is using, but I can sure cop his sounds............very trippy.

13. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Thanks Steve - Sorry I didn't drop you a line to let you know!

14. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I love mine(scored it off of e-bay w/SKB powered pedalboard, EH Bassballs, and Dunlop Bass Crybaby for $275 American!). I couldn't resist! I've seen Deep Impacts go for that much ALONE. I got it about 2 weeks ago... so far I've been gigging with three sounds from it(a layer pedal tone, a Mutron up, and a Mutron down). If you guys have any cool tweaks...Put 'em up! I'm looking for some good tones. When I get a chance, I'll try to list the 3 I'm using. Just list the numbers from the data dial- clockwise from left to right...