Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

well, i killed a kitten/an odd GC story

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jul 10, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I finally unloaded my Genz 6x10, and went right to Guitar Center to order a GK 410RBH cabinet, which I was told they were blowing them out for $399. Well....they're all spoken for, so I bummed out for a minute. I started looking at some other cabinet choices, and then gave an older GK 410/114RBS rig a try. I was pretty impressed, and was told I could get the 410 for $275 out the door. I was bummed by no tweeter, and no clue how many ohms or how much power. So I walked around alittle more and found an Ampeg Portabass 110, that they were clearing out for $99. I lifted it and was impressed by the weight. I plugged it in, and it was sold. I also ordered a GK 115RBH for $300 in place until I can find the 410RBH. So I walked out of GC with two cabs, one in hand, and one on the way. I never thought the day would come when I would buy an Ampeg.

~Patrick

2. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    What about the genz didnt you like, and did you have the XB2?

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    There wasn't anything about the cab I didn't like, except maybe weight. It sounded great, and had great handling. I just decided to switch to GK and I wanted a biampable cabinet.

~Patrick

4. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I wanna know what happened to the kitten.... :confused:

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    "Everytime you play more than 4 strings, Jaco kills a kitten." That's how it's supposed to go.

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Look at the signature. It explains it all. :D

~Patrick

7. hehe :) congrats, I suppose you never expected buying an Ampeg, did you? :p