Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Well, I pulled the trigger! Just call me the BERGermeister!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigMikeW, Mar 14, 2006.

1. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Gas was killing me and the thought of Jim possibly not doing anymore NV's was too much. I just ordered an NV610 :bassist: from Guitar X. Gary Rosen there was awesome. Just a hell of a nice guy and easy to talk to and work with.

[​IMG]

Now the wait begins. It'll be about 2.5 months before it is built and shipped to Guitar X. Then out to me. That should be perfect as I should be finishing up the recording of this cd and getting ready to start mixing and putting the live band together.

I wish I could have test driven it but with my schedule there is no way I could have made a 2 hour trip to San Diego to do it. I am literally busy 7 days a week for the next 4 months.

The cab should arrive before I start rehearsing the live band. That'll give me a chance to play it with my Eden WT-1205 and an Aggie DB750 (maybe a cuple others too while I am at it). I am also going to A/B it with my XLT's and a Schroeder 310212 just to be sure.

I am psyched. Thanks to all the Berg NV owners who helped me make this decision (especially Tom and Tom).:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

2. Yow! That was a fun thread. Congratulations:hyper: Even though those NV's are not tuned to 'the sound in my head', I can totally, totally dig them for what they do (definitely 'the best in class'), and for the tone and context you described.

Rock on!!!!!

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Congrats. I KNOW you'll love it.

4. Good Call...You won't regret it! BTW - How did it go today??? OYu didn't call me.....:meh:

Peace,

T

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Nice!

6. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

OK, Burgermeister - you won't regret it. I was REALLY sorry to see mine go but it was just totally overkill for me.

Dan K.

Oh, wait! That was supposed to be Bergmeister!

7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

You are going to love the cab Mike but you are going to hate me because I picked up Jim's last in stock NV610 about 2 weeks ago. :eek: :eek: Seriously, GOOD MOVE man!

8. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    I can wait. I don't need it right now anyways. :spit: LOL

9. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

;) :D

10. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

Damn T, don't go all Brokeback Mountain on me. LOL

11. LOL! :D

T

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Now dont forget the Sadowsky amp to go with it ! :D Enjoy Mike :bassist:

13. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

Nah. Too expensive and I like the quickness of the mosfet/s amps. Tube front sure.. but SS power baby.

I will probably keep the eden wt-1205 unless the Aggie or something else jsut buries it.

14. Well done... you won't regret it.

15. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Glad to be of assistance! :) I think that you will really like that cab. The WT-1205 should go great with it! :bassist:

Tom.

16. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Congrats on the berg and good choice going with Guitar-X. Good people to deal with.

17. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

You weren't one of the Tom's I was referring to! :smug: Pompous arse! ;) LOL
    You were a lot of help. It is hard to buy something without ever hearing it (especially without a "trial period").

With all my other gear I got to try it extensively before I bought it or signed for it. With Eden they sent me stuff for a month to try out on the road and I never sent it back. This will be interesting. Especially hearing it with other amps and compared to the Eden's and the Schroeder's.

Tommixx recommended them. So far so good.

18. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    Don't worry, it's in good hands!:D

19. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    You will find the cab to be incredibly even.

Curiously, you will find it is quite sensitive to the characteristics of different heads. So, you will definitely want to try several. My 2c conclusion has been that the all tube heads get everything out of this cab. But, you need to try for yourself.

20. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

I can't think of many heads that I am really interested in trying out with this cab. My Eden of course and the DB750 but nothing else is really striking me.

I don't want to go back to all tube heads for a couple reasons. 1.) weight 2.) I like the quickness of a good SS power section.

I am really curious to see what I find. Most people I have heard from run the DB750 with the NV series stuff. Apparently, it is a match made in heaven. If it is, I will be buying a DB750 and willhave a brand new Eden head for sale. :D