Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Well, I think I got a steal...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Planet Boulder, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    So I'd been sniffin' around for a used Ibanez ATK 300 (4 string) at just the right price and lo and behold, I found a black one on eBay today for a Buy it Now of $200.00 (with hardshell case). Spastically, I "Bought it Then" and will now await its arrival.

200 smacks for what will now be #7 in my house (wife only knows of numbers 1-4 to date ;) :p :( :D ). Anyway, if this bad boy has the slap sound I remember/undertstand it to have, methinks I'll be pleased, especially at that price.

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    HEY! join the club,,, i LOVE these basses, never will play anything else,,, or so i say. Did you see my post about that one on ebay? look back in the "basses" fourm and you should have seen it. Oh sure, DHC called me drunk and what not,,, but it's a FAN TAS TIC Bass. I love you just for having one. PUNCHY! One word baby,,,, on word.... ok.... acting drunk again,,,, i'll stop.

3. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Congrats and could I have your secret for hiding basses from the MRS.s?

4. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    The secret?

FEAR! Utter, unabashed FEAR! It can motivate a man to do most anything. ;)

5. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    So send me your basses or I'll be forced to tell your wife!:eek:

6. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    :D :D :D

7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    PB---
    Congrats! I LOVE my ATK305. Sounds like you got a good deal, too! I payed just a tiny bit over that, but someone messed with the bridge...they cut off the pickup surround. Doesn't bother me....I can rest my thumb on the pickup easier now. I think I'll be putting my V-Bass pickup on it soon. Great sound, great feel, a bit heavy, but damn! I just love the thing! It's sending my Am.Std. Jazz into retirement.