Well, I thought the Berg HT322 was "the cab" for me.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TSanders, Sep 18, 2006.

1. TSanders

TSanders Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Columbus, Georgia
    And I still love my HT322 very much, and have plenty of uses for it, but my new NV 610 is just AMAZING.

This thing is really leaving me with no words to describe how great it sounds.

Im in love.

Pic again:

BergantinoNV610001.jpg

2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Now all you need is a motorized one that drives itself to your gigs. :p

3. Jeff A

Jeff A

Oct 22, 2005
    CT
    I'm assuming your comment is directed at the NV610, hence my response.

I just don't understand the comments relative to these types of cabinets. Personally, the easiest cabinet I have ever owned and moved is my GS412. Other than tipping it over and sliding it into the back seat of my Mustang (Super Easy) or the bed of my pickup (Almost as Easy), I have never had to struggle with moving this cab. The built in dolly type wheels and handles makes moving these types of cabs a dream. It goes up and down steps with ease (no help required). I guess everyone has different physical issues to deal with. For the lucky ones, there's none. For me, its picking up weight. To pick up a GS 112 or ANY OTHER small cab (forget my 1X15's) and carry it any distance usually results in regrets the day, the week or even two later. I have never felt that with this so called large cab.

Just a thought. YMMV. TEHO. JSM.

Edit: Spelling

Edit # 2: and besides, what a sweet looking cab.

4. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    I'de rather wheel around a 100lbs + cab then carry around a 100lb cab. They are really easy to move and you can carry them if needed. It's about the same as lugging a 4x10.

5. The only time I have trouble moving mine is going up/down (especially down) stairs. Usually I get help, but on occasion I have to lift it up and walk it down myself. Even so, the NV 610 is not nearly as heavy as some other cabs (my 215, Ampeg 810).

6. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    The only bad thing about that cab is there is no skid rails, but you could always add some. But I'm just nit picking on that, it would in no way ever make me get rid of it.

7. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I was being facetious.

It is difficult to move one of these up some narrow flights of stairs without banging it around a fair bit. OTOH, it's worth the trouble, and it is easier to roll one of these around than carrying a HT322. My IP 310 came with casters, and if I ever get to moving it around a lot, you can bet I'll put them on.

Of course, all of this pales in comparison to the hassle of moving a Hammond B-3, which I spent a year doing. Moving it up a narrow flight of stairs made me more sore the next day than a typical rugby match.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021