Well...I tried.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I know it is kind of odd to do this, but this community is very much a part of my family, and as such, I feel that some of you would want to know this.

As some of you may remember, my wife of 8 years and companion of 12 years and I have been seperated since the end of November, about 4 months now. I have tried to do my best to work things out, but as of this morning, well...it is officially "over". We are not divorced yet, but it is now a foregone conclusion that we will not reconcile. She just does not want to work things out, and it has taken her these 4 months to get herself in the emotional frame of mind to do this.

Sorry to spill my grief here, but y'all are "family"...thanks for all the support that has already been shown, and thanks in advance for that which will be shown.

Please don't be offended if I do not reply to posts or PMs for a bit, as I am trying to learn to breathe again, and still trying to do all the other stuff in life, like work.

I hurt so much I no longer feel pain.

2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I'm sorry :(

If you need anything, don't be afraid to call or email.

San Antonio

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I´m so sorry Gard :(

I know what you´re going through, I went through the same thing last year. My ex and I had been together for 4 1/2 years.

Hang in there pal, it will get better! It has for me!
  4. I really don't have the words to console you. I wish I did. All I can say is how sorry I feel, and let you know that both you and her are in my thoughts. I hope you guys can work things out amicably.

Rock on
  5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Carlos, Ivar, & Eric -

Thanks. I know that it will eventually be ok, I'm not gonna die from this - although I feel like I'm dying right now.

Eric, it will be amicable to a point. We won't be friends however, once everything is settled financially, we will never again communicate. I can't deal with it, it needs to be a complete and clean break. I love her too much - I want her to be happy, and if it is impossible for her to be happy with me, I cannot see her happy with someone else.

This is the saddest day of my life.
  6. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Man, I, like Eric, don't know what to say. I do agree with the clean break part. Might lead to a quicker recovery.
  7. All I can say is that from what I've observed, you're a real quality person. Never doubt that. You will be OK and you will be stronger.
  8. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    sorry dude.... call if ya need me
  9. Sorry to hear it Gard. I now know what you were going through to an extent. I just moved out of my house last night, we have been married for over 19 years. My hopes are that it is only temporary, but one never knows. Best of luck to you!
  10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Gard, i'm sorry to hear it man. there's really nothing else i can say since i have never experianced true heartbreak....im sorry

if you need to PM im here...

11. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    you're in my thoughts Gard. time will heal...
  12. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Bummer dude :( . I know that feelin' all TOO well

Don't do like I did and get all hermit-y and monastic :rolleyes:

You'll pull through :)
  13. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Sorry to hear things did not work out the way you would have liked, I remember we talked a bit about this several weeks ago.

I hope that in time, things work out the best they can.
  14. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  15. I'm truly sorry, Gard.

That's all I can say.

Mike :(
  16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    :( :( Sorry to hear it Gard. Everyone is right, time will heal. I wish you better times down the road.
  17. gard, you worked your tail off to try and work this through. you did everything you possibly could. always know that. you know i think the world of you and you know i have supported you 100% through this. and i will continue to do so. you are a great person. i am sorry hon you are hurting so much. you are to good to feel this kind of pain. you will be okay though.
    you have our number, use it if you need to. no matter what time.
    love you hon, take care of yourself. that is the most important thing now, to take care of yourself.
  18. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
  19. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Gardo - You'll always have peace in your mind and your heart knowing you gave it your all.

At the risk of sounding like Dr. Phil, people change no matter what we do and only the most conceited dummy can't accept that.

There is a "she" out there just waiting for a fine person such as you. Just remember, as the Beatles sang, when it happens,

"Hey, Jude, don't be afraid.
    You were made to go out and get her
    The minute you let her under your skin
    Then you begin to make it better."

And when the room seems lonely in the meantime, Mistress Music will always love you and never let you down.