1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

well, I'm actually getting somewhere! Woodworking classes in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Greg Johnsen, May 4, 2006.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    As some of you know, I've had parent problems before that have caused me to not be able to build a bass. However, that problem is now solved. I sent a very convincing e-mail to my dad and I liked what he told me. He said that I first need to go to classes to learn how to use the tools needed, leanr how to finish, and get some basic woodworking skills first. Then he said he would allow me to build a bass, and he would buy all the tools that I need to do so.

So now my question. What are some good woodworking schools in Atlanta/surrounding area (preferably Roswell or Alpharetta). If you guys wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction of some schools that would be beneficial, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Greg

2. Greenman

Greenman

Dec 17, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    When I was younger I used to sign up for night woodworking courses at a local college. I remember it was once a week for 12 weeks and about 75 bucks. They had all good equiptment that you could use including bits, blades etc. Plus an instructer when you needed help.
    Good luck.

3. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    I just signed up for a summer woodworking course at my local community college. The course is held at a highschool woodshop, but they have everything pretty much to build a bass. Give it a shot. Im not familiar with atlanta, but you probly have some colleges, or even better, community colleges (cheaper) you might be able to sign up with.

4. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    Cort Curbow's school is in Atlanta

its a pretty good luthiery school if you can pay the tuition fees