Well im getting my first warwick.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mad_world, Dec 13, 2002.

1. mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    I orderd the warwick 4 string thumb bass bolt on last night from music123.com for 1,069 and no sales tax. There was free shipping and everything :D.

I'm looking forward to the traditional neck dive i've played on one and it's not that bad for me the only thing is i've heard peeps talking about how it doesn't bring out the lows they won't i really have'nt had that much of a problem with my bassman 100 bringing out some good lows but, in the case that i would won't more heavier lows what would i do? I'll post some pics as soon as i get it.
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Congrats on the new bass.

Commas and periods are your friends.
  3. Have fun with it. I loved the tone.
  4. Thumbz

Thumbz Guest

Good choice mate. I broke the bank to buy a thumb 5 (bolt-on) and have never looked back since. Dont know if the 4-string suffers from the same problem as the 5, that is the bridge saddles are designed for tapered strings. You might have to be handy with a file. I DO stand to be corrected on that regarding the 4-stringer!

Good luck with your new baby...
  5. mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    Taperd strings? The one with felt on them?
  6. Thumbz

Thumbz Guest

No mate, I mean that the thickness of the string is tapered at the bridge end. Dont think you will have any worries though, i hink this only applies to the low B string on a 5-string...
  7. mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    oh, ok i was like taperd what the heck?