Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Well...i'm graduating this year...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by relman, Sep 25, 2001.

1. and i have to think of a couple good songs...

First of all, my school has a retreat, and the last night we have a talent show...i was thinking something kinda crazy...like "my generation" or something alike...

And for the school's "Variety Concert"...I was planning on Neil Young's "Keep On Rocking in the Free World"...

and well...i would like to show off my chops...should i switch the tunes around and have a little "bass composition/improv" in the retreat?

thanks

Rel

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    if you can pull off classical thump, that would be a sweet treat to do.. I started to learn it today... the beginning is easy... but the rest is... not so easy..

3. yah...that would be sweet...though if i get a fretless i could do some jaco-like improvs...:D

4. Go for the bass version of Classical Gas. It will have them dropping their jaws all the way to China.

Rock on
    Eric

5. ...right...not everyone has THAT much time in their hands!;)

6. the lemon song by led zeppelin has tons of great improv. you just need a kickass singer!