Well, I'm leaving (no, not like that!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brendan, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yes indeed, the time has come for me to fly the coop and head up out to college... 3200 miles away. I'll have the computer unplugged and packed as of Monday evening(everything gets packed on Tues.) and I'll be off.

After I move up to Gresham Oregon (might be technically Portland), I'll be in my own place, and every dime will be counted, which means I may or may not be able to afford an ISP (food, rent, gas, work, a band and tuition being more important) for a bit, so I might well be gone for a couple months.

Just thought I'd post it now to actually see any responses.
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yes! he's gone! Weenie metal shall prevail!!!
  3. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    good luck Shakespeare! [​IMG]

have fun and don't forget your umbrella :p
  4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Good Luck in School! Some ISP's can be cheaper than others. There are some decent bundled deals for both cable TV(basic) and internet.

But studying and Bass are better.
  5. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    bye duder, ur sc hool should supply an isp
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I suppose you mean dorms? Because the school doesn't have dorms, and I'm housed in a non-affiliated appartment building (with by best friend as a roomies, how cool is that?), so there's no ISP bundled in. I might be able to spring for one of those cheap Netzero thingums or some such, but we'll see (it's so hard to not have cable internet... ;):D)

An' Polly, weenie metal will NEVER prevail. It's name should clue you in as to why :D

Thanks for the support, guys.
  7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well, the state of Florida will be a bit less hirsute...

...big guy, we're gonna miss ya down here, but I know you're gonna be happier back up in that there bear weather. Don' be no stranger...

Drive safe, and let us know when you get there (if nothing else, call me on the 800 number at BC, and I'll let everyone know you're ok, ok?).
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    catch you later you big weenie.
  9. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    most schools offer some sort of remote connection.
  10. Well, you may find it interesting to know that they had a big write up on the rising gang related activity in the Rockwood neighborhood of Gresham today in the local paper. (Actually Gresham isn’t that bad.)

So where are you going to college at… PSU? Mt. Hood?
  11. 3200 miles?! holy crap!

and I was starting to feel sorry for myself having to drive 100km(60 miles).

But, I'll also be renting an apartment with one of my best friends. We'll have a 1500kbit ADSL connection. :D

I'll be off tomorrow. But you won't get rid of from talkbass. My computer will be the first thing to get set up at my apartment(and of course there's the WiFi at school :))

have a safe trip, Brendan! :)

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good luck, man. have a good time in college :)
  13. Yay! he's moving closer to me :):) Good luck dude, have a safe trip, and have fun! ~ Tyler
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mt. Hood for 2 years (get my AA and all the prereqs out of the way) then I'm gonna transfer to a major uni to finish out my major. Same education, but cheaper.
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Gard - don't worry, I'll probably drop in around Christmas or Thanksgiving. One of the two.

The Bass - Yeah, but I've done it before. I drove down to Florida two years ago, so it's not like I'm a stranger to the drive.

Tyler - Is that a good thing? ;)

As to the rest of ya...you should be so lucky to get rid of me. Thanks for the, well wishes.
  16. Depends on what you think of me ;) And also, we are still in diff states.
  17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    good luck over there!

I'll do extra turns over our forums :D
  18. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Peace out, Brend. Hope you do well and may life be a never ending positive adventure. Keep it real, and smoke em if you got em! :D

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Bren, my guess is your school will have computers with the internet... somewhere. Like the library or something. You can occasionally jump on one of those and get a TB fix once in a while. There are ways... ways you don't even wanna know about. Some of us don't just want talkbass... we need it. :D :rolleyes:

I'm curious, what bands does polly like (who's weenie metal) except Opeth. I really like Opeth, but I guess as far as metal goes... weenie might be a fitting title. Their "metal" parts aren't all that heavy... regardless... I really like them.
  20. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Dunno. Don't care. The whole Weenie Metal joke is based soley on my dislike of Opeth. If he likes other weenie metal...so be it.

I'd wager Tiamat would also fall into the category, if you're into that sort of thing.