Well I'm thinking about selling my new rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Jun 16, 2004.

1. that's right I saved up for 7 months to buy this rig and now I'm thinking about selling it...it sounds GREAT but between my bad back,bad knees,and bad shoulder lugging around this much gear isn't fun....I'm really thinking about getting an eden head and an avatar 210 and SB115 (or all eden stuff if I could score it cheap enough)...how much do you think I can get for my rig since I have all of the original boxes/documentation and have only gigged it once

Excel 8 space rack>
    Furman rr15nl>
    BBE 362>
    Presonus Bluemax Compressor>
    Sansamp RBI>
    rack spacer/vent>
    Carvin DCM1500>
    and all connecting cables (fender electrovolt all through it)

retail on it is over 2000 bucks (retail, not market price)...I've got about 1400 into it...
  2. Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    Look into a Mesa Walkabout Scout combo. I was lugging around a 130 pound Ampeg pr410 cab and an SVT head and a box of cables, pedals and my bass etc. I sold it all bought the combo and an Incase gig bag. Now I can carry all my cables pedals etc in the gig bag in one hand, and the combo in the other hand and away I go. Makes gigging way more fun. :hyper:
  3. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Why not put the RBI/Carvin in a roller rack and swap the Avatar 410 for a couple of 210's? Or spend $50 on a nice Dolly with inflatable tires...
  4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Quick answer on price is whatever it cost new, used it will sell for 60-70% of that.
  5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Bingo. :smug:
  6. I thought about a dolly but I have to lug it up and down a flight of stairs....ergo it would still be a hassle....so I'm still thinking about what to do.
  7. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
  8. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    I wouldn't recommend moving heavy objects down a flight of stairs, dolly or not. If it slips or the cab frees itself from the dolly you could cause some serious injury to yourself or others.
  9. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Ok, I'll revise my suggestion...

$60 for a nice dolly with inflatable tires and a couple of good ratcheting tie-downs.