well, it finally happened

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderx55, Dec 17, 2005.

1. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    my friend, a VERY entertaining drunk was given a summons last night for public urination. Thankfully I wasn't there cause I called it an early night, but does anyone have any idea of the penalty? Any good stories? :D
  2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I would imagine that he's probably just going to get a fine. That's all Jerry and George got on Seinfeld for urinating in a parking garage :)
  3. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005

well played sir lol
  4. yah, I have me one of those... cost me 25 bucks and an hour or so waiting in court for 2 minutes in front of a judge.
  5. Like others have said, it should just be a slap on the wrist. (It's the underage possession that kills you.)
  6. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    yeah, he was already not drunk anymore so they didn't even question his sobriety thankfully.
  7. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    It varies State by State I'd assume. Here in my jurisdiction, if you pay the waiver (no Court appearance necessary), it's a $100 fine and $60 Court Costs. If you appear in Court, it may be less, but they'll get ya for the $60 Court costs anyway.
  8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    so then the answer the begs the question. if he was sober, why did he still urinate in public?

and i guess he's not a very entertaining drunk so much anymore if was sober.
  9. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I once was nearby a police car when this other guy was peeing at a nearby corner. Other cop shouted at him to bugger off since it was illegal act inside city center, and the guy responded "yah officer, thank you" and wandered off - until the cops saw that he had just changed to a bush nearby.

So, the cops shouted him "Didn't we tell you to stop urinating on the streets!" and to get back to get his ticket, and of course the guy, being rather drunk shouted back "Nuh-uh! I wasn't peeing! I was, uh, masturbating! Yeah! Is that illegal!" where the cop responded "Well, for public indecent act we'll have to take you to the station and.." - "Aww right, aw right, I was peeing, now give me that damn ticket and let me finish in peace!" :D
  10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Unfortunately everyone where I go to school does it... kinda funny. There are streets lined with shrubs. Imagine six guys, all have to pee, line up on six shrubs and pee in tandem.

Imagine it.

You're wierd.

Should just be a slap on the wrist.
  11. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Your thread title would seem to indicate that tickets for public urination are an inevitibility, akin to death, taxes, and puberty.

I have not found this to be the case.
  12. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I wrote a guy a ticket for peeing on a construction dumpster directly in front of the police station once. Drunks are some real dumbasses sometimes! :)
  13. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Yeah...you'd have to be pretty dumb to miss the door to the cop shop and get the dumpster instead. :D
  14. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    That's what I told him! (Actually, I was laughing so f-ing hard when I walked out the front door and saw him, I had a hard time writing the ticket!)
  15. Years ago when I lived in Colorado Springs it cost the long term DA his job. That was the final straw following a couple conveniently torn up DUIs and a long history of being chauffered home by the cops.
  16. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    Well, normally it would not be. But this guy had a hell of a weekend a couple weeks back and we were all shocked he wasn't arrested and until friday night had made a conscious decision to turn his life around. To skip the things i can't repeat, he got stuck in scaffolding, carried a random drunk to penn station, and got banned from josie wood's, the nyu cheers. the night before, he woke up in this girl's bath tub.

so for him, we were just kind of waiting for this. But no, it should deffinetly not be up there with puberty.

The kicker, was that he was on 12th and 4th Ave, he lives on 13th and 6th. :scowl: so close, yet so far. Thank god i called it an early night :hyper:

My friend's response:
    PjGator1: it's not quite that close, mind you!
    PjGator1: broadway, university
    PjGator1: espeically when you have to go
  17. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    oh... college... there are some stories...

actually the best was in high school... I was in track.. after a meet, we were coming home, and stopped at a gas station witha convenience store... the store had 2 bathrooms, but just hada single toilet each... of courese there's a line for the woman's...

some guy was taking a dump in the men's room.. not part fo the team, and he was in there fore a good 10 minutes before all of us said 'screw it' and went outside... about 20 of us (including a couple coaches) left a pretty large puddle out back...

In college, we used to have the 'peeing for distance' contests out our balcony...