Well it was my 23rd Birthday on Sunday.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gazman_res, May 9, 2005.

1. And damn i had a good time.

We went to eat at some spanish resteraunt. And then to see this band around the corner at one of the pubs on george st. :)

Man you should have seen this bassplayer..
    Lakland 55-02 -> Labsystems head -> Labsystems 4x10. :cool:

This guy was fantastic, so in the pocket, and had the crowd jumping. :hyper:

Well anyway, great way to spend mothers day, (Happy Mothers day mommy! :D ), and i just scored an eden pre/power rig on ebay for cheap!

w00t for gaz! :smug:
  2. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i became a 30-something yesterday.

my day wasn't nearly as exciting though. i went for a 2 hour bike ride, then went to a friends house for BBQ. all in all...i can't complain.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Happy Birthday to you both. :)
  4. +1.

Happy belated, guys.

Mike ;)
  5. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    My birthday is the 11th. How lame is that? A wednesday b-day. Sucks.
  6. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    It was bound to happen at some point. :)
  7. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    But was he a TB'er? You goose, I was playing on George St on Sunday. You could have come and watched my Stingray 5 and home made cabs instead.

Which pub were you at?
  8. oh my bad pete, i went to the 3 monkey bar on the corner of george st and liverpool st.

i was actually pub crawling on george st as well on friday night. which pub were you playing at pete.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!
  9. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
  10. again thats my bad pete.

my birthday was on sunday, we went out and stuff on friday night. I know that bar!

So your at 3 monkeys on Sundays
    and Paddy's on Fridays?
  11. sorry to be a total n00b, but what does "in the pocket" mean, exactly? i think i've got an idea, i'm just not sure...
  12. in the pocket, can be used for most musicians. but when its mentioned i think of rythm, drums and bass, and how tight they are.

When i said, this bassplayer was 'in the pocket', the drummer and him were just really locked in together, note for note, beat for beat, its something you can feel, bassist or otherwise.

I think that might be it, but im sure people can elaborate abit more that I.
  13. okay...that's sort of what i was thinking. thanks
  14. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    3 wise every sunday, plus the occasional Sat or Friday as well. The band are there this Sat and Sun but I'm not doing the Sat gig (other plans).

Paddy's is once a month and the day varies. We've got a few rooms who have us on a similar rotation.

Pop in Sunday. It's good because the place gets full enough, but not so full that you can't get to the bar or loo.
  15. alrighty pete, thanks for the invite. I'll ask my crew if theyre up for it.

Looking for the indian lookin guy with an evil eye fixed on stealin yer Stingray 5, just kidding...

no seriously :)