Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

well it's about time...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 3 crotch grabs, Jul 18, 2004.

1. about two weeks ago, my wife accidentally dumped about a half a bottle of wine into this computer. it started running a little slugish, and microsoft word couldn't quite get the spellchecker right. everything had a bit of a slur.... sent the sucker to AA for a while, and i'm back in action!

by the way. i just got a job here: www.petsunlimited.org cuteness rawks.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    all hail the king of the non-sequitor! ;)

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I remember about 4 years ago i got really drunk, what a surprise huh. So I came home, grabbed another (last) beer and started to drink it while being on pc (box of which was open and laid on floor near where I was seating. So yeah, I dropped the beer on the open PC, it landed on motherboard and spilled probably 50% of beer all over working pc. Since I was drunk, I finished the beer, got some towel and wiped PC, while it was still running, and then passed out with out turning it off that PC works to this day with out much of problem.

Moral of the story, ASUS is great mother board. :D I love that PC, need to put it to use again this one isn’t bad either though :D

Cheers

4. My old, dirty, came with the house curtains "fell off" today. I don't know what this has to do with computers or wine, but I replaced them with a bright lime sheet. :)

5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    that would explain the spelling-problems!
    :D :D :D

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    If I order a puppy, how soon will it be shipped to me?

7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Didn't Munji just make a thread about the perils of liquids and calculators? This has so been done.

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    oh, ben, you are such a thread killer.... :p

9. It doesn't matter. Not with THAT bad-ass moustache. :D

10. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You know, there are only a couple things that I can think of in the entire world that make me extremely sad, and homeless animals is one of them.

I lasted about a minute before I couldn't take it anymore and had to go look at people that have been blown up to make me feel better. :D

11. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    As the owner of a lazy, spoiled, pound dog, I salute you for your new job. What are you doing there? (by the way, they have a great site!)

12. I wanna kittie so i can name it charles III , so it can be friends with my dogs Charles I the Akita and Charles II the boxer.

13. thanks!
    the place is great. i'm gonna be the operations guy. dealing with vendors, getting junk fixed etc.
    they don't put down any animals here. they keep them until they are adopted. if they are unadoptable, they just kinda live there forever. everyone has a funny old mutt or two living in their office.
    i start next monday. i can't wait!