Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Well I've finally decided to sell my ol' Ampeg SVT....

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Turd, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turd

Turd

Jul 23, 2002
    Ann Arbor MI
    Actuelly it's only a couple of years old. It hasnt been out of my smoke free studio other than to the amp doctor when i was having some jack trouble, they fixed it up real nice. Other than it being a tad dusty, there is nothing wrong with it. Everything sounds like it should. That huge SVT sound. Firm $950. Pictures can be available upon request.

Drew

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    probably should mention WHICH SVT it is...

3. Turd

Turd

Jul 23, 2002
    Ann Arbor MI
    the ONLY SVT YOU NEED TO BE WORRIED ABOUT.

cheers,
    Drew
    (p.s. if you can't figure it out, its the classic, the one with all of the big tubes in it. Toobular. Tubenicious. Wacky Tubacky.)

4. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    There were many SVT's. The models from the 70's sound quite a bit different from the new "Classic" models. They have as you say "big tubes" too.

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    svt? svt-cl? svt-2pro?

if you want to sell your stuff you have to be more specific. on the internet people can't see it in person so they have to rely on ACCURATE descriptions and preferably pictures.

just trying to help you out man

6. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN

what is the deal with people being absolutely rude when people are trying to help them. i would rather NOT play than buy an amp from somebody with such an attitude.

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Well.....at least his name is accurate.

8. Turd

Turd

Jul 23, 2002
    Ann Arbor MI
    well hey, i guess it's actuelly your loss for not being able to read. It was my fault for forgetting to tell you that it was an SVT CLASSIC, but between my post's I figured such scholars like yourselves could figure out what I was selling. Sometimes I wish the people who read and post in these forum's would get a sense of humour.

9. We are wishing the same thing about you, right at this very moment. Plus, I for one am not Miss Cleo. Therefore, my child, I can't read your mind.

SP

10. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    \

good luck selling it :rolleyes:

11. Turd

Turd

Jul 23, 2002
    Ann Arbor MI
    yeah right!.....sell it to these people....you've got to be kidding me.

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you're not well tapered, are you? :meh:

13. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey Turd, Here's some friendly advice on salesmanship: try not to be snotty to your prospective customers. In fact, consider being just the opposite---be humble, polite and helpful. And keep in mind that any deal you make here will entail your customer trusting you enough to send a payment before they receive the goods. Get it?

People, in general (and for some reason) don't like to do business with strangers who've insulted them. Weird quirk of human nature, I guess. Showing contempt for people on this board, even if you've been embarrassed, will only ensure that nobody will do biz with ya! ;)

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'll give you 12 bucks for it.

15. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'll go $13

16. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Oh, man.

I can't chastise people for being rude, but if a person doesn't have enough business sense to treat potential buyers with respect, they shouldn't be surprised when their gear doesn't sell.

I'm gonna close this mess and advise people to be turds elswhere. I really don't need the aggravation.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.