Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Well, my L2K Tribute arrived...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkside 88, Dec 23, 2005.

1. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    ..and it is GODLY. I don't know how they can shove these off for so cheap, even with foreign labor, considering the only difference is the bridge, tuners, and the way the neck is made.

Amazing. Definatly a ninja-esque purchase.

:ninja:

2. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    congrats.... :hyper: ......The Tribute are just killer...It took me awhile to get use to the sound of mine tho....I wasn't use to playing 5 strings or active...Even tho the tuners are diffrent they are still great. You can adjust the tightness of them. IMO the bridge is the same thing it just says Tribute and not G&L.....

So where are the Pics...You know the rules no pics no bass. :D

3. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Here's a little Photoshop deal I did with her sister bass, an Ibanez GSR200 (which I will soon defret).

[​IMG]

4. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Here's another.

[​IMG]

5. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Cool...Mine is 3-tone and Maple neck as well....

6. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I call her Atomic Honey.

7. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    Congrats on the new bass! I also just picked up a black w/maple neck Tribute L2k yesterday for $400! Pretty sweet for the price, feels a little "lighter" than my old US L-1500 did, but not bad at all.
    I've been doing some experimenting with the settings and so far i'm actually liking the sound of it with the preamp bypassed and running through my Aggie924 outboard pre, both pickups, set to parallel(for whatever reason, the series setting is way too hot and muddy sounding).
    Definitely a very unique sounding bass!

8. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    The bass really shines when you add it into the mix..It cuts through real nice.
    For faster songs I like using it Active. For the nice ballads I like to use it in passive.

9. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Umm, OK.

Seriously, though, congrats on the new bass.

10. I got my L-2000K less than two months ago and I was just blown away by the quality and the sounds coming out of this under rated monster. Mine is a cherryburst with birdseye maple neck. I payed 436.00 for it, brand new, tax included. Well I did trade in a MIM Jazz, which I only payed 150.00 for plus they gave me a hard shell case to boot. Tributes, IMO are very good basses. I also have a MIM Fender P-Bass Special and a USA Fender P-Bass Special which are very good basses, but the G&L Tribute can run circles around both of them. Congrats on an axe I think your really going to enjoy. Roger Winkler :hyper: