Well... No NHL this season...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    So how are the rest of you coping?

Its not that big of a deal to me... We have an ECHL team here (Bakersfield Condors) and we are in 1st place... And since there are tons of available NHL players, we may pick up a few.

2. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    It does sucks. When rich people complain about money it always ruins it. The NHL has been going down the crapper the past 3 or 4 years anyways. Too many teams, little younge talent, crappy refs/rules, boring games.
  3. Wait, the NHL is over?

Damn. Just another awesome sport that was killed. Basketball and baseball can go **** themselves.
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    It blows.

We do have the :

5. It's too bad. The Junior World Championships just started, Canada's 2 and 0 so far. That'll keep me busy for a few weeks. I'm not so interested in the regular season, I jsut read up on stats in the newspaper and stuff. But when the playoffs start, the real excitement begins. And that's what I'll miss from the NHL. Last season had a ton of overtime games, really suspenseful. It's like the MLB playoffs, where the Red Sox were on the brink of elimination x amount of times only to win in the 9th. Too amazing.
  6. Is is officially over? There was a big headline in the paper here last week proclaiming Jan. 14 as the drop dead date.

I was missing it back in October / November, but the longer it drags on the less I care. Seems like they should be able to come to a simple solution if you ask me and just get on with it.
  7. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I miss the NHL a lot. I'm just down the road from the Nassau Coliseum, so I see a few Islander games every year. Usually on a whim... "anybody feel like catching the Islander game tonight?" Yeah, I miss it.

8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I was hoping to catch a few Thrasher games this year. Oh well, at least we have the Gwinnett Gladiators.
  9. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I've been a bit pissed off today... watching world jr. hockey championship... god damn espn wont show anything but US games... even replay US-Russia games for 20mins they showed 5 goals over and over and over... and NONE of Russian goals... they didn’t show jack crap except US scoring... and well talk about the crappy miracle... usual thing for US stations to-do... makes me sick...

I really want to watch this because some of those kids got skills and its very good game... my buddy in Canada is getting most of games... as well as old seasons games... US is getting nothing... all year I’ve seen 2 games...

This is crap... I need to find a way to get Canadian TV here...

I really wish that NHL will not come back… end to NHL… I am all for it… show me some European hockey… some hockey from Russia… then take NHL call it something else… leave small amount of teams.. I can list who should go and who should stay…. Somehow I can not think hockey when I think of Arizona…

Take team like San Jose, where preseason game I’ve been to where sold out…. And take teams that cant sell out even in playoffs… guess who stays… NY dont need 4 FOUR!!!! teams... LA out of all freaken places for crying out loud DOES NOT NEED 2 TEAMS... ITS FREAKEN LA!!!!

10. sgraham

Aug 30, 2000
    Tyler, TX
    I miss watching my Stars this year, but I'll prolly catch a coupla Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs (Central Hockey League)games this season. Those minor league games can be pretty fun and exciting. So... support your minor league team! :hyper:
  11. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    go ice gators!!!
  12. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    i wish there was a minor league san francisco team. :(
  13. sgraham

Aug 30, 2000
    Tyler, TX
    That's what I'm talkin' bout. Wait - you're in SF and you follow a team in Lafayette, LA ? Cool!
  14. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca

dats cawz im a coonass me, chêre!

geaux les gators de glace! laissez les bonne temps roullet!
  15. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    It's so weird, I haven't really noticed at all...
  16. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    No great loss, imo.
  17. Well up here in Canada they show the world juniors and the Spengler cup tournaments...so there is still a bit of "pro" hockey on. Which is cool..i dig international hockey.
    I do miss seeing the ability to watch more games though...when NHL is in tact we get double headers pretty much every night. And when playoffs start i dont think there is many channels that dont carry hockey up here. So there is a void to fill on Canadian televison.
    I hope some sort of resoloution can be found before next year. I do think there is way to much money being thrown around, unfortunately the NHL has become more about the players then about the game itself.

18. Probally cause your from the States :p

19. When was the last time a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup?

Yeah, that's what I thought. :D

20. How many Canadians are on your American teams? ;)