1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Well, now that they've broken Harmony Central

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mr_goodbomb, Apr 9, 2010.

1. mr_goodbomb

mr_goodbomb

Oct 10, 2009
    ...Deliberately... I'll probably be here more often. Shame no one talks about guitars. Looks like I'll have to divide my efforts between here and a few guitar forums.

2. What's a guitar?? :confused:

3. man, i am confused what you are talking about?

4. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I agree, the original HC site was great for amp reviews and it had good forum threads. I just began the process of re-registering with a new account, etc. I hope that they keep the site like it was.This site though for bass players is a great site in that it is real active. When you post a good question you get direct responses fast, which is important. A lot of sites don't have enough members to support its members. This site has enough to support all of the threads it has. A guitar thread would be great and different, since bass players don't elways see eye to eye with "gui****S", still you never know. I also play some guitar and have gone to the main Fender forum sites and also the Telecaster Forum sites......Still welcome to this site................people at this site really know their stuff..........................:cool:

5. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    It's that toy-looking thing the fancypants at the front of the stage wears :p

6. Cannabass

Cannabass

Jan 22, 2010
    i cant even play those things the strings feel like blah bl....

eadgB? eww

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I hear you... Definitely not a fan of the new layout... Way too much work to sift through posts...

-robert

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Why did they switch to that horrible software? Ugh! I'll be here way more often! Actually, I'm here more often already. I guess I'll be there even less now!

9. I just tried to start a thread and it crashed my Firefox TWICE. Didn't try for a third.....what crap.

10. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Is it just me, or is the new software really slow.
    Browsing and scrolling pages is like... riding a bumpy road.

Too bad HC management chose that software. I hope they improve it.

11. EBodious

EBodious

Aug 2, 2006
    Iowa
    have you tried talkguitards. com? ;)

12. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Feb 4, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    What an unpleasant shock this morning. I had been using HC quite a bit since I've been playing more guitar than bass lately. At least MyLesPaul.com has a strong community. :spit:

13. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Wow, its utterly dreadful...

14. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Oh come on, you guys are just overreactOH MY SWEET CTHULHU WHAT IS THIS?!?

It's still in beta, so hopefully if enough people in the forums complain they'll change it back.

15. I don't like it. Give us back the old HC. The reviews were easier to find under the old format.:eyebrow::rollno:

16. mr_goodbomb

mr_goodbomb

Oct 10, 2009
    They talked about the switch to 2.0 for literally years, and the admin have been gabbing on it for months saying it'll happen any day. I doubt they'll switch back just because of pride, if nothing else.

17. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    Yeah, it is the worst thing I have ever used/seen...oh well, I used it for years, time to move on.

18. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It's that high-pitched annoying buzz in the mix. You can usually make it disappear by turning up the volume on your amp.

19. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I would have to echo these sediments. I won't be going back either.

TD

20. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    "Echo these sediments" ? :D

:p

sentiments ;)